Chapter 47

Note: There are still a lot of characters that I have to introduce, and they will be introduced... Slowly. I just don't want to shove them all at once, though I'll have to admit...It is a challenge to have so many...But a challenge well accepted. Anyway, thank you guys for your patience and...I hope you guys can still be patient. Sometimes I don't post anything because well...Life and...2020. But I'll try to update as much as I can, when I can. So enjoy!

---
With their ability to travel, it was actually a lot easier to gather all Kings and even some Princes. King Mateus was a lot more skeptical but once your name was mentioned, he changed his mind. They all gathered in his very own castle, that was his only thing he ordered. 

Axel and Xion glanced to Roxas, all the royals waited for them to speak. "What happened to her?" Finally it was Luneth who asked, he seemed to have been a lot more anxious than he looked. Some concluded that there was some sort of friendship between the two of you, afterall, you had protected him. Staid at his side of a while, there sure was a connection to be made.

Roxas took a deep breath, "we," he motioned to the other two, "used to work for King Xemnas, but we left after." No one knew he was the one who planned the whole war with Lucis. He knew, the three of them knew and although it could cause them trouble he knew that he needed to reveal the whole truth.  "King Xemnas is the leader,if you can call it, of what he calls an organization. Not everyone can join it, only those he call nobodies, people with no hearts." Zack was just outside, so if he needed he would call him to testify. "It was then that he hears about the kids who had enlisted to the army, he believed that they were the key to obtaining our hearts. Once they were trained he started rumors and eventually convinced them to attack Lucis. That was his only way to kill these kids," the more he spoke, the more Noctis' frown deepened. "That's when we left, we didn't want to take part of it."

Noctis rose to his feet in rage, "why didn't you do anything? Do you know how many lives were lost during the war?"

He couldn't feel the guilt, he knew how he should feel but it wasn't the same thing as to truly feeling it. "It was already too late, with the tension you would only kill us. That's why we didn't do anything but," he continued, "we leaned that someone, I'm not sure who, told him that it wasn't those kids. It was someone, and they believed that this person was favored by an old witch. The very some one that stole our hearts." Roxas could read their expressions and he would have to show them some sort of evidence, but that would wait until he was finished explaining. "I met [Name], I didn't plan on it. Well, before I knew about who they were after, I initially had planned on protecting the survivors of those kids. But I met her, I'm not certain why I didn't notice that day, but even so, I promised that I would protect her. And I tried, and I also felt the need to warn her about who had planned to kill her and the others. However, it was then when I found that she was the key they were looking for." With that, he nodded to Axel who headed towards the door and asked Zack to join the meeting.

Zack looked devastated, but even so, he raised his gaze. "He really does not have a heart, I know because I found no heartbeat. But when he was close to her, that heartbeat was there." And he returned to his thought.

"The truth is, at first that Xemnas' goal was to really obtain our hearts but even though he promised us that, it is far from it. I fear that he wants her for something else, far worse. I thought that if I kept this information to myself, and to themselves, no one would find out. Even more so when they already believed they had the person they were looking for." That made Zack feel a lot more guilty.

"And as expected, she sacrificed herself." King Mateus finished, his expression was neutral but his eyes said otherwise. "If you knew, why tell her?"

Although that question was for Roxas, Zack answered. "He didn't tell her, I did. I didn't know...and...I asked her to take her place.
There was a round of growls, "so you sacrificed your friend?" Luneth added again, unhappy.

"Even when you knew the outcome," Caius laughed, "that is even cold for me."

Ravus' jaw tensed. "Then we must retrieve her at once, then she will take refuge in my Kingdom."

"I do believe she belongs to me." King Mateus snapped, "she will return to my castle."

"She doesn't belong to you," King Rufus interjected, "she is a First Class Soldier, she belongs to ShinRa where she will be kept safe."

Prince Laguna and Prince Ace only watched, they didn't know [Name] that well. They've heard about her, she was and still is the woman everyone is talking about. She really was an amazing woman, she was definitely someone to admire. Despite the small crush the Prince Ace had, he reminded silent for a moment. The longer they fought among themselves, the angrier he got. It wasn't because they spoke of you, it was because they spoke as if they were speaking of an object.

Prince Laguna let out a sigh and decided to interfere by stand up. "Gentlemen," and he slammed his hands on the table, "I do believe it is not the time to discuss about who owns her or not. However, although when it comes to protection ShinRa and King Mateus' Kingdom would be the best options."

If Roxas had to say something, he would agree that Mateus' Kingdom was indeed a lot better to keep her safe. But with how he had starved her, he was probably better somewhere else.

"I'll have to disagree," Ravus added, "he isn't the only one to use magic to protect his people. She will be safe in my Kingdom."

There was some truth to that, unlike Prince Luneth and his father refusing to allow Princess Kairi, his sister was allowed to use her magic to protect their people. "Either way, " Prince Laguna shook his head and then offered his attention to Roxas and his friends, "are the three of you able to bring her back?"

"We cannot," as much as Roxas wanted to say otherwise, they couldn't, "they'll notice our appearance as soon as we arrive. Besides, they will be expecting us. If we try we will only walk into their trap. For now she is safe, be cannot kill her right away. He is waiting for something, special to time arrive before he does that. What we can do is investigate, and try to figure out way to not only get close to their Kingdom but find a way to penetrate their shield of darkness. I understand you are all occupied with the war at the moment, but she really is important and maybe even to put an end to this war."

Maybe there were some who were still skeptical, but he was done. He told them everything he knew and as best as he could. What they did next and if they allowed your death...Then it was all on them. The trio would do whatever they could to save you, they just hopped they succeeded.

---
With the help of Roxas, Axel and Xion, everyone returned to their homes or where they should be. That also applied to Zack, he wasn't assigned here but he had to talk with Cloud. He deserved to know.

But...It was rather too late, as soon as he arrived to ShinRa, to Tifa's bar...Cloud was already drinking, drinking way to much. Tifa tried to talk to him, to stop him from drinking too much.

By the time he approached his friend, and as soon as Cloud had his sight on him, he literally jumped to his feet. He wasn't drunk, Zack noticed by he was angry.  Cloud's fist connected to Zack's jaw sending him to stumble towards a table which was occupied. Its occupants jumped to the side away from the muscular man. "I'm sorry," Zack tried to apologize, " y-" but he stopped himself from saying it.

Would Cloud have done the same if they had taken Tifa? "I wouldn't..."Cloud took deep breaths to calm himself, and if Zack was right, there was a year at the corner of his eye. Zack there was also a slurr in his voice, he was slightly intoxicated. "I wouldn't have done that to her, because unlike you..."

Tifa  had moved to stop Cloud from attacking Zack even more, so she was standing Cloud's side. "I love her." And he was out.

Love her....Zack loved her too...But, just one look at Tifa and he understood what he meant. Part memories rushed to his mind, when you were kids Cloud would always make sure you had something to eat. Even when you weren't around, he would be looking around to make sure you were safe and fed. Those were small things...Even when the two of them left, Cloud wanted to take you with them. He tried to convince  Zack, but Zack told him that you would be safe at home.  They two of them were depressed, missed you greatly...But Cloud took it worse .When you arrived, dressed as a male...It was Cloud who  spotted you right away. He knew it was you.

Zack...Zack thought that Cloud was falling in love with Tifa, they were getting close...but now he understood. That closeness wasn't love...Cloud loved you, not as a friend, but he loved you.....

As a woman.