Chapter 7

The four of you, Prince Noctis , his friends and royals guards arrived to ShinRa Kingdom. You were not even close to arriving at the entrance of the Kingdom when trumpets began to announce your arrival. It was hard to see, the four of you were all the way to the back. Two total guards were up upfront, one on either side of the carriage while other two were just where the carriage ended.

Then there were about four foot soldiers besides the four of you, then the four of you. The horses despite not having enough rest, they continued to rest forward. Maybe they too were used to rough journeys.

"What do you think they want us here for?" Noah asked curious, he was probably the second youngest and probably the shyest one.

Alan shrugged. "I don't know, to be honest I don't see why they're so thrilled to see us."

Even if the king explained it to you. What you didn't understand was what they found so interesting about the four of you. Because you all surprised the war for six months at such young age? "It doesn't matter, we were told to be here so just...." It still felt so weird having to be their leader when you really had no right. What if you were good at fighting? That didn't entitle you to be their leader, if anything, Alan had what it truly took to lead this group. "Just..." Behave, that was about to leave your mouth. "Enjoy your stay here but don't do anything stupid."

Despite not completely accepting you as their so called leader, they nodded in agreement. Besides, they were really allowed to enjoy themselves here and the King was kind enough to give them some money so that they could buy whatever they wanted.

At the entrance there was a group of people, but what captured your attention the most were a group of people who wore similar attire, they must have been soldiers. But aside form them, and the crowd of people there was no one else to welcome you all.

Had it not been from the cheers and happy applauding, it would have been a serious moment. Everyone was silent, and although the four of you received curious glances, there was nothing out of the ordinary other than that.

When you arrived to the castle, that's when you all were finally greeted by Prince Rufus, as you had been told. Prince Noctis and his friend exited the carriage, while the rest unmounted your horses, which were talked to the stables. "Welcome to ShinRa, I apologize that the King is unable to welcome you prince Noctis, but he is not feeling too well."

"Thank you for the invitation, and in return I'll like to apologize that my father was unable to come, with the war being recently over he matters to attend to." Ignis, Prompto, and Gladiolus were at his side, ready for anything and everyone if necessary.

"Come, you all must be exhausted." Without any  other words, he nodded to a Soldier while Noctis, his friends and two of the royal guards entered the castle. The rest of you had to stay back, waiting to what was about to happen. Two of the Soldiers remained behind, you couldn't really tell much about how they looked because they were hiding their faces with helmets.

"Follow me, I'll show you where you four will be staying." That moment you had to stop your self, and convince yourself that that voice didn't sound familiar. It has been years so there was no way that you'll be able to recognize their voice.

Clearing your throat, you shook your head as the other three were waiting for your command. A simple nod was enough to get them moving. "So..." the man's voice sounded familiar, and you knew that it was a huge possibility that it could be him. But he didn't say anything else.

They took you guys to a building which you guessed was the housing arrangements. Also, because there were many soldiers lingering about, and since it was getting late you only concluded that they were about to retire for the day.

You kept your gaze forward, not letting those glares to affect you. Eventually you arrived to a room with a number on it, one of them opened the door and allowed you to enter. It must have been organized for the four of you, there were only four beds and even clothing on top of said beds.

"This is where you'll be staying." The same one informed you, and again you were reminded of Zack. Your heart began to beat against your rib cage and the thought of seeing your childhood friends. But other than those beats, you didn't particularly feel happy or just a bit nervous. More than anything, you were disappointed and hurt. It has been over four years since they last saw you, they had seen you when you cut your hair very short. Did you really look that different that they were not able to recognize you? Or maybe you were wrong and this guy was not Zack.

"Thanks." Your voice sounded like a mans, but just barely and you tried not to let the nerves get the best of you. Besides, your three companions were doing enough of that.

"Umn..." He started just as the other one began to walk towards the exit. "If you guys are interested, there's a pretty good bar, and we'll head there tonight. If you guys want, I can come and get you..."

Immediately you opened your mouth to reject the offer, but a single glance towards the other guys and you stopped yourself. Alan's lips moved but there were no loud words, just a single mumbling of a please.

You wanted to groan, but you stopped yourself. "Yes, we're interested."

At that the male's voice seemed to get a little more friendly. "Great! Just...Rest for now and well, in three hours we'll come and get you."

Then they were out of the room. Quite honestly, you wanted nothing else but sleep...Maybe a shower and then sleep but you had no idea where the showers were located. Either way, it had been a while since you told a shower and you were starting to stink. While the others decided to take a nap, you decided to grab the clothing that was provided to you and you took a look around.

By the time you were outside of your room, there was no one outside. Maybe it was because they had other things to do, maybe they were already in their rooms. This worked a lot better for you anyway.

You walked around for a few minutes, being careful to remember where you were going, you finally arrived to the showers.

There were many and it was huge. No surprise really, it was probably occupied by many soldiers. You made sure to take a good look around to see if anyone was there. You shut the door and locked it, so that no one could bother you. Besides, you'll shower as fast as you could.

Instantly you undressed yourself, unwrapped your chest and began to shower. You moved as fast as you could, getting rid of dirt and grime, washed your face and other areas that needed to be cleaned. Maybe it took you five minutes for you to finish, and although you wanted to stay longer, you forced yourself to get out and dress.

First you wrapped your chest, and then dressed yourself. Once finished, you gathered your dirty clothing and left the room. It felt so refreshing and energizing being clean. Without trouble, you returned to your room, the guys were already sleeping.

So, now that you were clean you decided to take a nap. When you woke up, the room was slightly dark and the others were already showered and getting dressed. Just when you opened your eyes, someone's backed body met you eyes, correction, Alan's naked body.

Feeling blood rush to your face, you turned to the other side only to see Jonathan's naked body as well. Everyone was naked and getting dressed. Seeing them naked wasn't new, you've seen them and others naked many times but that didn't mean that you were used to it.

Once their... Privates were covered, you sat up. "Hey, I was about to wake you up." Alan smiled not bothered that you had seen him completely named. If only he knew.

Just when they finished dressing, they sat on their beds and waited for that guy to get here. But, time dragged on and on...And there was no sign of him and he probably wasn't going to show up. Your roommates seemed crestfallen and ready to give up, they must have been really excited to go out.

Were you even allowed to go out? You hadn't thought about it, but looking at them...It would do them good to have some fun. Just because staying here was alright with you, didn't mean that you should force them to do the same.

Groaning internally, you stood up and looked at their hunched forms. Shaking your head, you wanted to slap yourself. Why? Why now did you suddenly care?

You didn't know, but you couldn't rob them from this piece of happiness. "Alright, let's get out of here."