Chapter 17

They were back to Lucis, the trio of the boys or as they were called, Lucis' Children, had not asked about your well being. Noctis was not sure whether he shod he content or not.

Letting out a long breath, he had to report back to his father. It wasn't hard to find him, he was always inside his office dealing with issues.

He knocked once and announced  himself before he entered. Instantly, his father smiled. "You're back, how did everything go?"

Great, everything would have been great if no one had found out you were a woman. "The competition results were better than we anticipated, however," he had yet to take a seat but for this he had to sit down. "It's better that you hear it from me, [M\N], lied to us all. A woman, she hid her gender to conceal the fact that she is a woman. Everyone knows, and I cannot fathom how our people will react when the knees reach them."

King Regis didn't look surprised. "Ah, so it has been revealed then?"

Noctis frowned. "You...You knew?"

Rubbing his face, the King nodded. "Yes, for years. However, that should make no difference. She has proven herself as a soldier, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it."

"Nothing wrong?...She broke the law and can you imagine how people will react when they find out? That's another issue that you'll have to take care of." Surprised and angry, Noctis stood up.

"There was no law that dictated that women could not enlist, and she had a reason not to enlist as a girl. Rape, and discrimination exist in the military. For the moment it is important to keep her safe until the crowd calms down, then I'll come up with a solution." But from the looks of it, the King had a solution.

"She...She isn't with us. ShinRa Soldiers attacked her, and with her condition we couldn't afford to bring her with us." Taking a seat, now Noctis realized of the big mistake he made. It wasn't up to him to make that decision, it belonged to his father...But given the circumstances, it was the best option.

"Once she is better we will bring her back. She's what we have been waiting for. Wars are chaotic, and soldiers die and when we are desperate, we have no choice but to send young children to fight. With her as an example that women are capable to hone skills are Soldiers, we will no longer have that problem."

That...That made things a lot worse. "I had no choice but to leave her. Prince Rufus was willing to keep her there, however, not just to keep her safe but also to take her as one of his own people. She was given the option to join SOLDIER," and with how he had given you his back, " and she accepted. With what they do to those like Sephiroth and the other two, I doubt he will gladly hand her over."

That's when his father seemed hurt, almost sad. "That's... Regretful, but she has made her choice. It must have been a tiring trip, why don't you go and rest?"

Hesitant, Noctis rose from his seat and nodded. As he left the office, he couldn't help but feel guilty. He was wrong to assume that his father wouldn't be able to solve that issue. Not only that, but it wasn't that you made your choice, you had no choice. That thought couldn't leave his mind,so a bath was in order.

King Regis massaged his temples, and the feeling of guilt and sadness still lingered. His son took what seemed to be the best option, but in doing so, he had left you to those wolves.

Not only that, but once the whole Kingdom found out that you had so easily accepted Prince Rufus' offer, they'll treat you as a traitor. They'll even demand for your head, when in reality, you were forced to make that decision.

Sadly, the only thing that he could do at the moment was to try calm his people.
__
Life didn't end just there, not like you were expecting. Prince Rufus, no, Rufus, as he had asked to to call him, made you an offer that you could not reject. With how Prince Noctis acted and well, he left you, behind, it only made sense that your best option was to stay here.

It wasn't like you were giving up your loyalty, no matter where you were born, or where you were now, you'll always be loyal to King Regis and Lucis. You lived there for four years, but those four years made you feel like home, like you belong.

For now all that needed to done was to be exposed to Mako energy, you were not so sure about the procedure but you had been given the possible outcome. Either way, this was the best option, and as much as you wanted to tell Zack and Cloud, you didn't want to. No, because it would feel like a goodbye.

Swallowing, you followed Doctor HoJo who led you to a weird and secluded room. Despite feeling like you should just turn around and leave, but you continued. You were lead to a bed, and then without a word, HoJo left for a few minutes until he returned. When he returned, he possessed a syringe, willed with a clear liquid.

He didn't say a words, you didn't say a word. They weren't necessary anyway, you just allowed the man to prepare the syringe and then injected it on your arm. After he was done, he stood back and observed you as if waiting for something, which you were going to ask. But you stoped as you started to feel rather tired, your gaze began to blur, and your eyelids began to feel so heavy.

As soon as you blacked out, four individuals in coats began to enter the room. HoJo began to give them orders, and you were taken to another room. In the center of the room was a tube big enough to fit a person, and there were tubes inside it. 

Withing seconds you were unclothed, and placed inside the tube. As they began the process, HoJo smirked.

Prince Rufus was such a fool. His father may be sick but that did not impede him from making the best decisions. Did Prince Rufus really think that they were going to simply expose you to raw Mako? How ridiculous.

__

He should have known it would not take Roxas and Axel to expose themselves. Xemnas intended to have a little more time, but perhaps now could be of great benefit to him.

After all, King ShinRa was bedridden and Lucis was still dealing with the after math of the war. "Release them." He commanded Vexen.

With the new war, there was so much power to be possessed. And, they were so close to finding the favored one. It wasn't just their hearts that would be returned, but a while lot more power too.