Chapter 25

Note: Alright, I know a lot of you are waiting for action! And that will start on either the next chapter or the following! So just hand in there!

---
This was getting out of hand, and from how others huddled around Zack and Cloud, you weren't the only one.

How many families have you met so far? Four? And each and one of them with a son, whom they had presented you. They had been hoping that one of their sons would capture your attention, and you could not lie, they were very good looking. But you could see the way they looked at you, and it definitely wasn't happiness or lust. Who would be? Certainly not them, they probably expected someone much more feminine? It wasn't that you were bad looking, but normally men go for women who look feminine. Someone dressed in a fancy dress, with makeup on, and with long hair done in an equally fancy hairdo. Someone that they could show as a trophy and someone that can be easily controlled.

Like that would help you, you almost wanted to snort. But if it meant to gain class and economic status, they were willing to endure all of it. Because that's how marriages are in times like this. "Thank you, and it is a pleasure to meet you."

The family that had your current attention moved away, but not before the young man's father urged him to say his farewell.

They weren't the only ones that you've met so far.  It was exhausting, you wondered how the others were doing. Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal probably were already used to it and they knew how to handle the situation. Zack and Cloud, who knows considering that they were accompanied by a woman.

"I take it you have encountered the matter of marriage." A  masculine voice of a man stopped you from trying to leave.

The man looked familiar, you saw him around the castle but it was not surprising considering that a crown rested on his head. Blond
Hair and spiked, with an extra-long ponytail, and purple ombre at the tip of the side bangs. Just like many, a very handsome man. So you bowed to him and smiled, but by looking at his eyes you felt like he was judging you. "That's right your majesty."

He sighed finally looking away, "It's quite pathetic that they would do anything just for wealth and even  fame." To emphasize his point, he looked around to the few families ready to present you their sons, upon his cold gaze they ran off. "I don't suppose you know who I am, so introductions  are inevitable. I am King Mateus of Palamecia. There's no needed to introduce yourself, I had heard your name so much that I have migraines just saying it."

The way he spoke and the way he looked at you made your blood boil, but you refrained yourself, anger would not take you anywhere. Besides, by the way he looked at everyone, it seemed that he didn't see people but insects that he could squash with his foot anytime he wanted. "You would think that with a war taking place, King Rufus would save his time to create..." Again, he scanned his eyes around the throne room and frowned, " childish events."

You've heard about a war taking place, but it didn't seem like  it would require any one else to take part of it. But those were just rumors, and only royalty and maybe Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis knew about it. So maybe he would let that information slip out of his lips? "I only know a few pieces of it, if you do not mind your majesty, perhaps you would share that information?"

The way he stared at your down made you believe that he wasn't going to, but when be noticed your determined gaze he scoffed. "Everyone is convinced that Kingdom Hearts will be able to control and end the war. But my messengers say otherwise, it is said that dark magic is involved. But of course, the Kings believe we shouldn't be concerned about trivial matters. But what could be expected of those...Children." shaking his head, he turned to face you. "I'm surprised your King has not spoke to all of you just yet," he gave you a once over and raised an eyebrow, "but what I am more surprised about is you. I was expecting someone more... Masculine, stronger and it appears it was all just gossip and exaggeration." He began to walk away, ignoring you as if he wasn't talking to your minutes ago. “King Rufus must be so desperate to enlist woman, how pitiful."

That man was just so full of himself, even the way he spoke about the rest of the Kings...You could not imagine how it must be to be ruled by such a King.

A few minutes, two males you recognized as Auron and Cid Highwind joined you. Although it has been a while, you remembered them as the two warriors that had represented Lunar Kingdom. You didn't get must time to talk to them, not that you did with the others. "Ah, if it isn't [Name]." The blond male shared a friendly smile, this time just like everyone else, they were dressed to impress.

"Cid Highwind, Auron." Auron seemed rather calm and one that didn't talk too much, but even so, there was a friendly aura around him.

"Cid is fine, and it's gets tiring getting called around by my full name." He rubbed his temple as if he had a headache. "But I suppose you're not the only one with a headache, you would think that people would come to have fun and celebrate King Rufus' coronation. But no, it's the perfect opportunity for people to fish the best choice for their kids." At that he laughed, "was it awkward? Don't think we didn't see the amount of kids being shoved your way."

"Cid.." Auron warned, "don't mind him, he tends to get in people's business."

But you laughed with Cid, his laugh was rather contagious and it was good to meet people like these two. "It's alright, but it's...It was rather yeah, awkward. I wasn't even sure what to say. But I'm glad they stopped."

Again Cid laughed, "who wouldn't, with a glare so threatening coming from King Mateus, they must have pissed themselves."

Letting out a long sigh, Auron seemed to have regretted coming with Cid. "Either way, we did not get the opportunity to congratulate your for your achievement. Congratulations."

"Oh yeah, congrats [Name]. Who would have thought you would beat Zack and Cloud. Those guys had been trying to be accepted as First Class Soldier for years and you just did it in such a small amount of time." He slammed the palm of his hand your back not very gently, he did it in a friendly manner.

"Thank you, I appreciate." And your conversation continued for a couple of hours when they had to leave.

At first you were going to stay until it ended but then dances started and by how some men were pushed by their mothers and fathers to ask you for a dance, you lost yourself in the crowd and got out of there.

Besides, the earlier conversations made you think about training hard. Although many continued to say that war would probably come to an end in a week, two at most, you just didn't want to be one to hope that was the case. You preferred to train and prepare yourself for it.