Chapter 21

For the past four years, a lot has changed in your life and for good. And there are yet a lot of challenges ahead of you that need to be talked.

However, there are things that would be to think about and to make choices. Since you survived and you would have to stay here, you couldn’t just avoid Zack and Cloud. You’ll have to eventually talk to them.

Though, the sleepless night was enough time to let you think and remember your childhood. People may think that you are thirsty for success, and they’re not wrong. But what they don’t know is that you had never been like that.

You owed Cloud and Zack a lot, not only because of their friendship or the many times the looked out for you. No, you owed a whole lot. They had shaped who you more than they can imagine, if they weren’t your friends, you probably would have never had the desire for something greater in life.

If anything, you would have died young, or you probably would have definitely ended up in a brothel. But because you were always around the two of them, with how much the two of them spoke of they dream  of becoming First Class Soldier, you began to also desire more for you.

You had absolutely no right to feel angry with them for leaving you behind, they were not responsible for your well-being. If anything, you should be thankful because they had  influenced your life, you were here because of your hard word and thanks to them too.
When you arrived to the Kingdom, you acted like a child and you were so ungrateful. Maybe they left, and that hurt so much, burn again, they were no responsible for you. It was so unfair for them.

Swallowing hard, you made your way to where they should be staying. Though on your way, soldiers stopped to stare and even murmur some things. There were others who stared in what seemed in awe.

But, you don’t remember where their room were but since they are now First Class Soldier, there was a probability that their room were somewhere else. Letting out a long breath, you looked around looking for someone that would be willing to help you.

That is, until a pair of males approached you. They arrived after you, there was a red haired male, with tattoos under his eyes. At his side was a very intimidating bald man, at their arrival anyone else that was standing around walked away. “Yo, you lost?” The red head asked as he got closer, his hands were buried inside the pockets of his pants. However, when they stood just a few feet away, his eyes locked with your own and then he smirked. “No way! Rude, this is the chick they have been talking about, yo!”

“I am looking for Cloud Strife and Zack Fair, is there a chance that you know where they are staying?” You dismissed the way he spoke about you as if you were not there.

He pulled his hands out of his pockets only to cross his arms across his chest. “Yeah, we went to your room but you were not there. Turns out we missed you just by a few minutes. Either way, Ange wants to talk to you. Come, I’ll lead the way.”

Frowning, you had no other option but to agree. Maybe talking to Zack and Cloud would have to wait.

The red head started to head to the exit, his companion who he called Rude, followed him. You decided to walk slower and just stay a little behind, but the red head was not having any of it. He slowed down until he was walking at your side while Rude walked up ahead. “By the way, the name’s Reno Sinclair Yo.”

“Nice to meet you, Reno. Considering you were looking for me, you already know my name.” Looking at him from the corner of your eye, you caught him smiling.

“Yeah, no need.” Then he laughed. “It was hilarious hearing those soldiers bitching about how you had managed to obtain the spot of a First Class Soldier.”

Funny? That’s ..An interesting way to take it. Though you can already feel the tension and the discrimination you’ll have to face. That was one of the things that you liked when you hid your identity, you didn’t have to have all of that. But it wasn’t like you were going to give up now for such a small problem.

“Good, Reno found you.” Angeal spoke as he leaned back with a smile. “I’ll just give you a run down about what you’re going to be expected to do, and what you’re going to receive in exchange for serving who will be our new kind. Please take a seat,” Reno grumbled as he had to leave the room. “Well, I’ll like to welcome you to First Class Soldier, and you can see it isn’t an easy feat.”

“Thank you, I know I have a lot yet to learn but I’ll give it all my best.” To be honest you felt a little nervous, excited and happy at the same time. You never imagined you’ll get this far, and to be frankly this is the best position available.

The dark haired male laughed. “I am glad to hear that, and as much as I hate to say this, from all the members you’re going to have to work more. I apologize if I sound…Sexist, that this the furthest from what I am.  But from what you’ve experienced, I am certain you know of the discrimination you will have to face. Earning the respect won’t be easy, but I expect great things   from you.”

He continued to explain that you were supposed to go to missions which are highly dangerous, but you’re always accompanied by another fellow members. Your payment will be given to you every fifteen days, food and housing will be provided to you as well as your desired weapon. You will no longer be required to wear the uniform.

“But over all, your main task is to keep our king safe and remain loyal. Do you have any questions?”Angeal asked as he rose to his feet, and once he received a shake of your head, he opened the door. “How do you feel? Do you think you’re ready for some sparring?”

“Um feeling pretty good actually,” and you could help but morrow his smile, it was so contagious.

“Great, follow me.” The two of you arrived to a total different training area, Cloud and Zack were about to start sparring when Angeal stopped them. “Cloud, give her your sword.”

Upong request, Cloud walked up to you and offered it to you.  Friendly smile lingered on his lips as he walked away to not stand in your way. “Go, and don’t hold back.”

You tested the sword in your hand as you stood in front of Zack. It was a fairly regular sword, but it would work for the sparring.

Upon Angeal's signal, the two of you began to battle. However, even from the very start you could see and feel that Zack wasn’t giving it his all. It was like he was holding back, and although he probably thought that it was harmless it was rather humiliating.

You couldn’t help but growl as the battle continued, and Zack was well aware of your frown and glare though he didn’t seem to realize that you were curious that he wasn’t taking you seriously.

“Alright, that’s enough.” But that’s all you needed and stormed off leaving a puzzled Zack. Cloud who had watched the fight shook his head and followed you.

That left Zack and Angeal, the older male shaking his head in disapproval. “Do you realize what you did?” Zack breathless shook his head, trying his best to catch his breath. “You humiliated her, I understand she is your friend and your afraid to hurt her. But you’re forgetting she’s more than capable of holding her own. If you truly respect her then start doing it by treating not as your friend, but your equal. She has and will have to face this kind of discrimination, the thing she needs is for you to do the name.”

Leaving the younger male alone, Angeal left the training grounds. That’s why he wanted to see the sparring because he knew that would be the treatment you would get I’d your friends sparred with you. He needed to tackle this problem now rather than having either Zack or Cloud to humiliate you like this in public.

You were definitely talented and with proper guidance you could be really strong. But you’ll have to work really hard to gain everyone’s respect, starting with your friends.