Chapter 4

The following day, there was a huge celebration for the triumph of the war. As expected the King gave his speech, while Prince Noctis stood at his side. Not that you could see anyway, the majority of the soldiers were up front, no matter how much the three of your companions pushed, they were not allowed to go further up ahead.

The King spoke of whatever he was saying passed right through your ears. You were not comfortable, it has been years since you were allowed to leave the outside with the regular folks. And obtaining those stares and giggles of girls around your age didn't help either.

To be honest, you weren't sure what the hell was going on or exactly what they were celebrating. The win of the war? How could they celebrate when thousands of soldiers were killed? If they were going to make something like this, it should have been in the name of those who sacrificed their lives for their king.

And what was it with your uniform upgrade? Only the four of you were given different uniforms, which by the way wasn't taken very well by the rest of soldiers. But you could only guess there was a reason for it. Though, you would have preferred it not to happen, since this wouldn't be easily accepted by your fellow soldiers.

"And now, let us introduce you to our next generation of warriors," the King's voice boomed all the way back to where you were which captured your attention.

Slowly people began to look at the four of you, until you all had to walk forward towards the King. Noah and James started, and if it wasn't for Alan who waited for you, you would have remained rooted to your spot. Letting out a sigh, you uncrossed your arms, straightened your posture and followed the others.

When you were just bellow the King's throne, you all kneeled down in respect. "You may rise." You all did and although you were facing the king, your eyes trailed to the prince. He looked a couple of years older than you, he did the same. His eyes scanned first Alan, then to the others until his orbs reached your form. The two of you locked eyes. They narrowed, and then just seemed curious." These young boys, have trained hard and fought in war to protect our home, our people." The King introduced the four of you with such pride that it felt as if he was speaking of his own children.

Finally, his speech was over and you all were allowed to enjoy the party. The music played and couples began to dance, giving you the perfect opportunity to leave.

But you didn't get far, Alan grabbed your arm. "Where do you think you're going?" Despite the chatter and the music, you heard his question loud and clear.

When you stopped and turned around, he let go of your elbow. "I'm leaving, just stay and enjoy the party if you want."

He shook his head. "Come on, we'll probably never going to get another opportunity and besides," he got closer so that he could speak lower, "didn't you hear? Some Kings are here and King ShinRa is one of them. Just enjoy it, come on. Besides, there's a lot of pretty good food."

As if to prove it, he dragged you towards the tables which were indeed filled with many delicacies. Upon that sight, your mouth began to water. A knowing smile reached Alan's face but didn't say anything in fear that you might just turn around and leave.

He grabbed two places which he was kind enough to fill with food, the other two did the same and were happily eating.

You did the same, you ate everything on that plate. You had never, ever tasted anything so delicious in your life. Those who had been eating and now finished scurried of to dance or to talk to other guests.

You moved away from the tables, and decided to stay away and just see around. A servant passed by with a tray filled with drinks which contained wine. You weren't one for drinking, but you were curious so you grabbed a drink. Taking a first sip, you were utterly surprised that despite the alcohol, it wasn't so bad.