Chapter 16

So much blood, there was so much of it and the smell of it filled the entire room. Though the sight was quite macabre, the sight of you on the ground…In a pool of blood was got Roxas and Axel moving.

Instantly, Roxas rushed to your body which was still, had it not for the small gasps, he would have assumed you were dead. Though, his eyes trailed your body, and by the state of your clothing he knew what these men were about to do.

Axel moved quicker than the other male, grabbed some bed sheets and threw them over your body to cover you. The red haired man opened his lips to speak, only to hear loud steps entering the house.

It was Angeal, who had been holding bags filled with things, only to drop them to the ground. A big frown adorned his face as his eyes scanned the room, he knew what had happened. “We have to move, if we don’t we will be too late to save her.”

The other two males were surprised that he didn’t question who they were. Without hesitation, Roxas took you into his arms and hoisted you up. But they did not have time, the castle was too far and they wouldn’t make it in time.

Just a single glance, and Axel knew what Roxas was going to do. But Roxas didn’t give him time to speak as he summoned a corridor of darkness. “This is the fastest way, otherwise she will die.”

Angeal followed Roxas, and then Axel followed them. He wasn’t happy, no one was supposed to know what they were and now that Roxas exposed himself and the corridor of darkness, they will eventually have to explain themselves.

He just didn’t understand why Roxas was so intent on protecting you. He knew that he felt some sort of responsibility for the deaths of the rest of the boys. Maybe this was why he felt the need to protect you? Because you were a woman. Either way, things were done and there was nothing that he could do right now.
Thankfully, the males brought you just in time. It wasn’t surprising, perhaps he should have taken greater measures to protect you. He wasn’t expecting his own soldiers to act this way, if anything, he expected Lucis' soldiers to do that out of anger.

But he miscalculated this, but not any more. His father was not getting any better and right now he was the one who had to make decisions, this one being one of them. If he didn’t act now, he’ll regret it later.

Maybe should be asking about his big interest in your well being. It wasn’t something personal, just business related. He had many SOLDIERS but only a few had what it took to become First Class Soldier. Now he found someone with the potential to become one, and one that was a woman.
He wanted to find out if you’ll be as skilled as the others if you went to the same procedure. There was a possibility that you could die, which is why he needed you to be part of SOLDIER. But for that, you’ll have to be exiled from. Lucis though he felt like you were not too far from that. Then, he’ll need your approval and that was all he needed. The last thing he wanted was to force you and then have you leave if it worked.

Though, if you went as far as to create another identity to be here then you would be willing to accept his offer. But for now he’ll just have to keep you safe.

He left to his office, but as soon as he entered Prince Noctis rushed in unannounced. Watching how worried the Prince was, he knew that he could take advantage of the situation.
“What happened? I thought she would be safe.” Surprisingly enough, the Prince seemed to really be worried about your well-being.

That was a good question. No one knew where you were, so how did those soldiers find out? But they were dead, so it not particularly matter that much. “An error from my side, but I assure you something like will not happen again.”

“It won’t,” instead of Prince Noctis to speak, it was on of his friends that spoke, it was Gladiolus. Said male turned to the prince, “with how tense things are, it would be best to leave tonight. Although it won’t be an easy travel for….” What was your name anyways? “For her, she isn’t safe here.”

That seemed to make  Prince Noctis thing, but Rufus shook his head as he took a seat. “There is no other place safer for her than ShinRa. You may take her, however, you must realize that by returning, she will either given a trail which could potentially lead to her death…Or she could be exiled, but if King Regis accepts her as a soldier, that does not mean your people will be so willing to forgive her deceit.”

“Where are you going with this?” Ignis questioned knowing that there was a motive as to why he was revealing that information, which was actually quite true.

Prince Rufus laughed. “It’s quite simple really.” Leaning forward, stared at Prince Noctis. “Your military branch isn’t quite ready to evolve and think outside the box. Our military is, and to be frankly her skills have proven that she is more than qualified to be part of SOLDIER. My suggestion is that you leave her here, if anything, I am saving you and your Kingdom the trouble of dealing with her. ”The hesitation was evident on Prince Noctis’ face, though the others were clearly unsatisfied with that solution. “Ill love to give you time to think, but I am afraid I am out of time. I need an answer from you now, she must be kept safe and it must be done the sooner the better.”

For the best of his Kingdom? Prince Noctis knew that his father had yet to deal with his people’s disagreement of the recruitment of those young boys…And to be frankly, you would…Would bring more trouble.

As much as it pained to think about leaving one of his people behind…It had to be done. Running his fingers through his hair, he let out a long breath. “Very well, but I will stay for the remainder of my time here and then leave as planned.”

He couldn’t be more satisfied, with a smile Prince Rufus rose from his seat and offered his hand to seal the deal. He wasn’t expecting to win this deal so easily. Prince Noctis, despite the disapproval of his friend shook his hand.

Prince Rufus watched as they left, only a thought occupied his mind; If you reacted well with the Mako Energy, then he could see a brighter future for his kingdom.