Chapter 26

Tuesday, August 5th
3pm
McCarran International Airport

I was outside waiting on the person from my phone call the other day, while texting Ivory about Marcel and I's plans for Cameron's birthday in 10 days.

My baby boy, my oldest son, was turning 4 years old. Where does the time going honestly.

I was in my thoughts about my sons birthday when the person walked up to the car.

"Jada. It's nice to see you again." They said with a smile.

"Darius... how are you?" I asked him.

"I'm good." He said as he put his suitcase and carryon in the backseat of my car and then went to the other side to get in the passenger seat.

"That's good. You hungry?" I asked him.

"Starving." He said.

"Perfect. Let's go to the diner." I said and pulled off.

~At a diner~
I had just received my chicken strips and pancakes, and Darius got his food also, then the waitress left.

"So Jada wassup? What's been going on?" He asked.

I took out the note Greg have me that was at the shop when it got robbed. I gave it to him and he read it, then looked up at me.

"So you have any idea who this could be?" He asked.

"Duh nigga if I had an idea who I wouldn't have made you waste your time coming down here." I said rolling my eyes.

My phone rang and I saw it was my mom. I sent her to voicemail and I sent the the quick text that said I couldn't talk right now.

My mama knew about the altercation Darius and I had in the past. It wasn't with each other but we got into a bit of a situation similar to this back in Pennsylvania. I didn't want her calling then end up finding out Darius is with me and she starts to worry.

"Alright relax. Is this just random or did anything happen before this?" He asked me.

"Well, the night my husband and I got back from vacation, the cops pulled up and arrested him for a murder he didn't commit. Someone framed him. I guess they are upset he wasn't put in jail so now they're threatening me with notes and my family is in danger." I said.

"Did you tell him about the note?" Darius asked me.

"Yeah. He said he'll handle it but I told him no. I'll take matters into my own hands." I said.

Darius was silent for a moment and my phone rang again. It was my mom but I ignored it again.

"You wanna get that?" He asked.

"Not while we're discussing this." I said and he shrugged and left it alone.

It was silent once more as I ate.

"I think you should let him get involved." Darius blurted out.

"What?!" I asked in shocked, semi-yelling.

"And him I'm here and who I am. So we can all team up together and fix this shit." He said.

"WHAT?!" I asked basically yelling at this point and everyone in the diner looked at me as Darius shushed me.

"It's the only way." He said.

"Both cannot get involved... our kids." I said.

"Do you not have a babysitter or something?" He asked.

"Yes but-" I started but he cut me off.

"Then it's settled. We'll meet tomorrow." He said.

"But Darius-" I started again but he cut me off once more.