Chapter 9

Friday, June 20th
8pm
Home

"You guys have everything you need to go to cousin Mia's house?" I asked Sanai, Cameron, and Ava.

"Yes." They said in unison.

"Good job. I'll have daddy check again in a little while." I said.

The kids were all going with my cousin tomorrow, she said her flight lands some time in the morning. I was going to miss my babies but they need some time with everyone.

It was definitely going to give Marcel and I time to work on things. Since my birthday, I canceled the file for divorce. I decided to let Marcel try and fix it, I was trying to let him back in. I still didn't trust his words and I still sort of don't trust his actions... but baby steps.

I went into Karina's room and finished packing her bag then I went into Tj's and did the same.

Afterwards, I went into the bedroom to tell Marcel to check the kids backs one last time for me but he gave me the hold on finger because he was on his little business call.

I took my phone out and texted it to him instead. I watched as he took the phone of his ear, looked at it, and then gave me the thumbs up.

I exited the room and went downstairs and went into the movie room.

Ivory wasn't here, I made today her last day for the summer so all I had her do was pick the kids up from school and then I paid her.

I put on an old movie, Nobody's Fool with Tiffany Haddish.

~10pm~

I woke up to Marcel shaking me gently.

"Babygirl wake up." He said and I jumped slightly.

"Huh?" Was the first thing I said.

"You fell asleep mamas." He said trying to get me up out the chair.

"Are the kids asleep?" I asked him in my sleepy voice.

"Yes they're asleep I made sure of that like an hour ago." He said and I stood up as he helped me and we walked to out the room to the stairs.

"Are their bags packed with everything they need?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Yes mama Jada everything is good, checked, and ready to go." He said and I sighed.

We walked up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I collapsed onto the bed and I don't remember anything that happened after that.

~The Next Day~
Saturday, June 21st
9:17am

I heard the doorbell ringing and it woke me up.

I got up and went to go open the door.

"HEYYYYYYY COUSIN! Why it look like you just woke up? You forgot I was coming?" She asked seeming in a happy mood.

I don't blame her though, we barely see each other anymore.

"Heyyy fam. I did just wake up but I didn't forget you were coming I just forgot the time." I said letting her in and closing the door.

"I'll go wake the kids." I said going to wake them but she stopped me.

"No no let them sleep and wake up whenever they wake up. It's summer vacation. And the flight isn't until 7." She said smiling and I nodded.

"Ok, want some tea?" I asked her and she nodded.

I went in the kitchen and put a kettle of water on and got two cups ready with sugar and a pouch of lemon ginger tea in each cup.

I sat down at the dining table as the water boiled up.