Chapter 5

Sunday, January 25th
11am
Home

I was downstairs in the living room with a nanny from the babysitter site. I was hoping to find someone today so that they could start tomorrow.

I planned to be at my store more often. And I even had an office built in the back so I can know what's going on. And I know Marcel has his stuff going on.

The fifth person to show up was a lady who looked so young for her age. She was forty and looked like she was twenty-nine.

"So Ivory, have you worked with children before around the ages 5 and younger?" I asked her.

"Yes I have, as a matter of fact I was working with a 5 year old, 2 year old, and a newborn right before this." She said and I nodded.

"And what happened?" I asked.

"They moved to another state." She said simply and I nodded.

I ran a background check on her before this interview, she had a clean history.

Marcel came downstairs with the kids and she instantly smiled.

"Your babies are beautiful." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you. This is Sanai, Cameron, Ava, Karina, and little Tj. And my husband Marcel." I said, introducing everyone.

"Are you going to be our new nanny? You're pretty." Sanai said and I giggled. She was so friendly.

"Hopefully, if your mommy and daddy approve. You're beautiful babygirl, thank you." She said and Sanai cheesed and turned to me.

"Mama I want her as my nanny. She's pretty and seems nice." Sanai said and I laughed a little and sat her on my lap.

I looked over to Marcel and the rest of my kids.

"What do you guys think?" I asked.

"She seems like she'll be good for the kids." Marcel said. He put Karina down to walk and continued to hold Tj.

Cameron and Ava ran to her and hugged her.

"It seems like everyone approves. You're hired. Can you start tomorrow?" I asked her.

"Sure!" She said excitedly.

"Okay, I can drop the kids off and give them breakfast. Could you do pick ups and lunch and sometimes dinner?" I asked her.

"Yes definitely. Do you need me for just during the week or weekends too?" She asked.

"Just during the week. Saturday's would be on-call in case of emergency or something is planned between the mister and I." I said and she nodded. I felt Marcel looking at me when I said that but ignored it.

"Okay sounds good. Thanks for hiring me." She said.

"It's no problem you fit the qualifications love." I said smiling at her.

"Mama I know we don't need her today but can she stay? We can get use to her before tomorrow?" Sanai said and I sighed and smiled and looked at Ivory.

"I don't mind. I didn't have anything planned for the day." She said smiling and I nodded.

"Ok. I'm sorry, she's friendly." I said apologizing for Sanai.

"It's ok! She's adorable." She said.

She then took Sanai's hand and Cameron and Ava followed. I saw Karina trying to keep up with them so I picked her up and followed her out to the backyard.

"We have a movie room if you want to go in there." I said.

"Sure, I'll stay out here for a while first." She said and I nodded.