Chapter 46-

I continue staring at myself in the mirror for a few extra minutes. Not being too sure on the outfit - Black skinnies with just a retro 90's buttoned shirt, rolled up at the sleeves and my plain white vans. But it's not like it's an actual date anyway, no matter what he said. I think we're way past that stage. I fight with the nest on my head, just pulling it up into a messy bun on the top of my head. And keeping my make up minimal, only putting on a little foundation and some mascara. I sigh, not really happy with how i look. But what can i do? Unfortunately there's nothing i can do about looking like i whale. There was no chance i was throwing on a dress. Plus, he's probably seen me looking worse than this. I grab my bag and head out of my bedroom.

Matty stands from the sofa soon as i enter the living room. Stalking slowly towards with a smile across his face "Will i do?" i twurl with my hands out at either side of me. Receiving a wolf whistle from him, followed with a nod. Making me giggle. I look down, checking myself again "i know it's not a dress but-"

He shakes his head, silencing me "you look amazing!" he pulls me into him gently, planting a kiss on my cheek. Instantly making my cheeks heat with an embarrassed smile as i stare at the floor. He catches the look "what?" he stands back, bending slightly to look up at my face.

"Nothing" i shrug. Waiting for my cheeks to return back to their normal colour. What's with? Why am i acting like this. It's not even a real date! God, he's seen me naked and I'm blushing and majorly embarrassed from just a compliment from him.

He chuckles lightly, recognising my awkwardness "you don't take compliments well, do you?" he smirks, playful.

"I just... i don't get many" he laughs "I don't know how to take them" i shrug sheepish. He aw's patronisingly, making me squat his arm.

"Are you sure i look okay?" i ask fidgeting as we head out for my car. He nods with an eye roll at me "it's just more casual than-" i begin.

"-First time we met" he nods. Finishing the sentence. Like he knew where i was going with the comment "i remember that dress" he bites down on his bottom lip with a firm nod like he's reminiscing.

"It wasn't even mine. I actually don't really own many dresses. I'm more the, skinny jeans, tshirt kind of girl" i shrug, kind of in an apologetic kind of way. Because I've seen his ex girlfriend. And how she dresses and looks. That's clearly his type and what he finds attractive. The type of girl that wouldn't even go into the garden without make up on. Where as I'm most comfortable bare skinned and with as much skin covered as possible. Total oppsoites.

He laughs again "dresses are a nice treat for every now and then" he nods at his comment "this is more my style" he points at me, moving his hand up and down, gesturing to what I'm wearing.

I bump my shoulder into him "glad we got that sorted then" i tease and play along for the sake of our fake date. He gives me a half faced smirk before throwing his arm over the top of my shoulders, his hand carelessly hanging off. "Oh shh- i  should of called a taxi upstairs" he comes to a hault.

"No it's fine. I'm driving" i tell him.

He frowns at me like I've just said something stupid "it's a date. You can't drive" he shakes his head. Feeling the outside of his pockets for his phone.

"Well i might aswell. It's not like i can drink" i point down to the speed bump on me.

"Yeah but- I'll drive" i think he tries offering. But it comes out sort of like a demand.

I cut him off "Healy, you're giving me a feeling this is just because you don't trust my driving" i give him a playful warning glare. Folding my arms across my chest. Not budging my eyes from him.