Chapter 59-

The door bangs against the wall as I storm back into my room. My body shakes with anger. I look livid! As though I could thrash the whole place. But that's just on the outside. But inside, inside, there's nothing but hurt, ripping into me. And I can't take it anymore.

I'm done pretending. Acting. Looking the fool.

It doesn't matter what I do. Gemma is always one better when it comes to him. When she wanted to buy our baby... that was okay. He ignored it. The accident... his child's life was in jeopardy, yet she came first... again. And now, she was in there, with our child, before me.

She's met my daughter before me.

I can't compete.

"What you doing?" His voice comes out harsh and rushed, barging into the room a few minutes after. I imagine him raking his hand, roughly through his hair. Something he always does when he's panicked or stressed. I don't even have to turn and look at him to know he's watching me. I can feel his eyes burning into my back. I can imagine the freaked expression now across his face. But he can cut the acting now. I've finally figured everything out.

I contemplate not answering him. Ignoring him. Leaving him to figure it out himself. It's the least he deserves. So I lie. "Nothing" I one word him. But I know it won't be left as that. I know he'll question and pest before I've had chance to grab my belonging's and throw them into the bag, now sat on my hospital bed.

I have to get out of here. Away from here. I can't stand to be here any longer. This was already hard for me. Having to cope and adjust to everything. I was still getting used to the shock of her being here. The shock of finding out what he'd done while I was on life support. Fighting for his daughter's life, so he could bring her in, introduce her to the baby to play mum before I'd even had chance to clap eyes on her.

"What?" His voice comes out a whisper. His focus dropping onto the bed. "You- A-Are you leaving?" He stutters, rushed. "You can't, Ellise" He spits harshly. "She needs you"

His comment leaves me feeling numb. In shock. I don't know whether to laugh in his face or punch it. He must really believe I'm stupid. Did he really think I wouldn't figure everything out and find out about his plan all along? As if he'd just assume Gemma wouldn't brag about sleeping with him, the first opportunity she got.  I keep my head down as I continue to throw all my things into bags. Trying my hardest to just ignore him, and block everything out he's saying.

"She doesn't" My words come out barely a whisper. Telling myself more than telling him.

She doesn't need me. I was never in this for the long run. I was just playing a small part for Gemma. Until she was able to come into it and take over.

A nagging in the back of my head pipes up. Daring me to bring up the one night stand. To show him I know. I know everything. I know it was never me he wanted. I know all along it has just been about the baby and her. So they can go off and play happy families after her arrival.

But why does it matter if he knows I know or not? It doesn't. Because it won't change anything. If Anything, it would probably help, and make it easier for them both. It would save them the explanation.