Chapter8-

I'm sat on the edge of the bath. Biting my nail as i wait for the minutes to pass by. Eager to look but at the same time wishing i didn't have to know. I've bit my nail so much, the nail on my thumb is practically non existent. I'm praying. Praying that if there is a god up there. This one will come out negative. Proving the first one is wrong, that its just a dodgy test. I really wish i had someone here with me now, just for that little bit of support i need. But who? I'm not blessed with friends these days. An there was no way i was gonna let mum stick around. She had to go asap before her motherly instinct kicked in an she started suspecting anything. Mum can't know. About any of this. I practically ran to the store and back hoping to not be seen. I sigh aloud. I know its time. I just need to take a deep breath, an do it. Just look. I count to three in my head, keeping one eye closed, peeking through the other as i take a quick glance at the test. I grab the test in frustration, throwing it across the bathroom before falling onto the floor. Bringing my knee's up to my chest, i break down, trying to hold myself together as panic hits me. Feeling terrified. Alone. I don't know what to do...

I know he has to know. I wish he didn't. I'm to scared to tell anyone let alone him. What's he gonna say? What's he gonna do? He probably doesn't even remember who the hell i am. So what? I just, go knock on his door "heeeey. Matty. Remember me? We fucked in the night club one night last months, then back at yours... Three times. Ring any bells? Oh, good. Yeah, congratulations. I'm pregnant" i break down again. Not even bothering to wipe the tears away. I close my eyes, praying again, that this is just some fucked up, twisted night mare "okay? Can i wake up now please" i whisper out. Yeah, and now I've gone crazy. Already this, thing. This, baby? This. Just THIS, is making me go crazy.

I get myself a drink of water, trying to get my thoughts together. A speech together. This would be so much easier if i had a number for him. But then again how would that work. Who the hell texts people to let them know they're having a baby. Tut! God. Think Ellise!

I don't really wanna have to take them, but he's not gonna believe me otherwise. So i pick up the tests. Throwing them in my bag trying to to stare at them too much. Hoping that if i keep checking back at them, that they'll of somehow magically change to negative. But nope. Okay.... I'm ready. Ready as I'll ever be....

It's a wonder i even remember where the hell he lives. But the street name was easy for me to find as i just have to think of my gran 'Rose', he lives on Rose Lane. After a few directions from passers by, i was on my way to do the scariest thing I've ever had to do in my whole existence. I pull up outside his place. It's huge! The garden is massive alone. Two cars are parked in the drive way, so hopefully, he's gonna be in. Making this a little better by getting it over and done with.

A quick check at myself in the mirror, and I'm ready. Stepping out, locking my car i slowly head for his door. Taking small steps so i have a bit of extra time to keep going over my words.

"just do it. Just knock!" i whisper to myself. Thinking of what Emma would be saying if she was here right now to encourage me. So i do just that. There's no reply at First. I hesitate. Do i knock again or just forget the whole thing while i have the chance. I quickly pick the second option. Turning fast on my heels... But not fast enough. The door flies open. I turn to be met with a blonde haired girl. Wow. She's... Wow. She must be Mattys sister.

"H-hi" i stutter

"hey" she smiles down at me "can i help you?" my eyes seem to look down on her. An i quickly notice she's wearing a tee shirt exactly like the one Matty was wearing that night. From what i remember. Just a tee. I find it a little odd. But i don't think too much into it. I don't have any siblings, so i can't comment

"is er, is Matty in?" i smile up at her. She really is stunning.

She looks a little, off, awkward at first, at me. But soon steps away, shouting "Matt, door!" up the stairs. She smiles at me again before saying a quick bye an heading off up the stairs.

"Ellise!" i look up from the floor when i hear him, stood right in front of me.

"hey" i try an force a smile. Trying to concentrate on not being sick right now.

"w-what you doing here?" he says panicked before looking back up the stairs quickly

"we need to talk" i bite my lip and begin to fidget with my hands

"some other time..." he cuts in quickly.

"no. It has to be now" i try an make my voice sound strong. Brave. But it cracks.

"You can't be doing this. You can't be here. It was a one off. I thought you get that?" he looks down at me, looking annoyed at this point bit he tries keeping his voice quiet. Why's it matter if his sister hears...

"I'm sorry i-" i barge my way past him into his place "it really does have to be now. You have to hear this now" i make my way up the stairs.

"Ellise!..." Mattys fast on his feet behind me, trying to catch up and stop me. But I'm fast. I barge into his living room and I'm struck down with shock, hurt, humiliation... When i see his "sister" layed out on the sofa, naked....

"shit!" she's fast on her feet, holding up a cover over herself. Clearly embarrassed.

"Sorry" i apologise quickly. Looking anywhere but her direction. I quickly turn to Matty. Heading for the door where he's stood. Gob smacked.

"your sister's.... Nice" i whisper as i pass him. He follows me knowing I'm heading for the door.

"I'm sorry i-" he scratches his head, but a nervous giggle leaves his mouth.

He joins me at the door. Not really seeming to care about anything. Any of this.

i storm down the garden... Shaking with anger. But quickly turn back.

"oh. I almost forgot..." i fumble about in my bag looking for the tests. I throw them at his feet "congratulations. Daddy!" i whisper to me, as that's all i can manage before tears begin to fall down my face on the way back to my car. I don't bother looking back at him. I just drive off.