That damned ring

Reaper blood

       My eyes slowly adjust to the bright room. Goddamn who forgot to close the fucking curtains? I shift slightly to look at Sarah. She's still sleeping soundly. I look over her face. I love seeing people sleep, they look so more peaceful and happy. I feel like they can trust me too. I brush a strand of hair behind her ear.
        Her eyes flutter open. "You pervert. Why were you watching me sleep?" She says in a joking tone. "Because you're beautiful." I murmur. "Shut up" she says and kisses me. Then jumps up and starts to shuffle through her clothes. "When are we leaving today?" She asks me as I get up. "Lunchtime? That way we can eat supper there." I say.
          I need to come up with when and where to propose to her.  I get out of bed and throw a suitcase on the bed. "Damn we both don't have that many clothes." She laughs. We really don't, one small dresser hold almost all our clothes, then coats, bags,  and shoes in our closet. She grabs a suitcase and sets it down beside mine. We start putting clothes into our suitcases.
           She steps over to the closet to look for shoes and I quickly grab the ring box and hide it in my sweat pants pocket. "I do have to do something I have to do before we go but I'll be back soon." I tell her.
            We finish packing and both get dressed and I leave the clubhouse on my bike. I had called her mom and told her I was coming and to get everyone together but to not say anything to Sarah. I knew her dad was more traditional so I wanted to ask her parents for her hand. 
            After around 25 minutes of riding I pull up to Sarah's parents home. I knock and Rolf answers the door. "Hey Kade. What's up? Mom asked us to be here." He says as he gestures me to come in. "Yeah I have something to tell you all, can you get everyone into the living room please?" I ask him and step into the living room. Sarah's little sisters were sitting in there watching YouTube on the tv.
          "Hey Alex and Bella. How are you guys?" Bella runs over to give me a hug and Alex gives a slight wave. "Hi mr. reaper!" Just then Rolf walks back in with Sarah's mom and dad. "Hi Kade." Her mom says. "Hey." I say and they sit down. "So what's this about?" Her mom says.
I take a deep breath. "I want to marry Sarah." I pause. "And I wanted to make sure you would all be ok with it. I've got a ring and have already planned out how I am going to do it." I look around the room. "Oh my god does that mean you're going to be my brother? Hell yeah!" Bella yells and pumps her fists into the air.
I laugh. Sarah's mom stands up and walks over to me, giving me a hug. "I can't wait for the wedding." She says before pulling away, tears streaming down her face. "I swear to god if you hurt her..." Rolf starts but I cut him off. "I wouldn't. I love her." I say. Her dad still hasn't said anything.
He starts "I've never thought Sarah would get married or proposed to at that, she's never really been one that someone could fall in love with, and even though I don't really approve of your line of... work, I want her to be happy and she seems really happy with it you." I smile. It was like a weight was lifted off my chest.
"Can I see the ring?" Her mother asks and I pull it out of my cut pocket. I had switched it to my cut when I changed earlier. I handed her the ring box. She gasps when she opens it. "Its beautiful!" She exclaims and Sarah's sisters walk over to see it too. "Woah." Alex says. I check my phone 11:30. "Damn Im so sorry I'd love to stay and chat but we're going to the beach in an hour and I'm going to propose there.
             I say my goodbyes and jump on my bike, rushing back to the clubhouse.

Whiskey echo

          "Are you busy?" Jesse asks, finishing up a text then putting his phone in his back pocket. "Nah just about to make lunch." I say grabbing a pan. "Oh what are you making?" He asks. "Grilled cheese and pretzels with beer cheese." I say grabbing the prepared dough and roll it out into pretzel shapes. I pull out a small pot and put in the ingredients for the beer cheese.
           After cooking for awhile Kade comes back. "Hey Kade." I say spinning around to check on the sandwiches I just started. Kade comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist and pull me to his chest. "Hey." He murmurs and kisses me lightly. "You wanna eat and then go?" I ask him. "Sure." He says and sits down next to Jesse. I finish making lunch and we all chat while eating.

          Around an hour after we've finished eating Kade finishes all his club duties and we start to pick up his truck with out suitcases. We say bye to everyone and we're off to the beach.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'll start doing longer chapters soon. I am creating a new book soon and wanted to just plug it in here for you guys to see and consider reading it. Its about a guy who's a mafia hit man who falls in love with this privileged chick. First chapter will be out in a week or less.

 First chapter will be out in a week or less