Bed Sheets

Whiskey Echo

I sit on the bar counter lightly swinging my legs, a piece of pepperoni pizza in hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. Joker walks over to me. "So when you getting me some new bedsheets Joker?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink.
"You don't need new bedsheets." I look at him with pure disgust. "The fuck you mean I don't need bedsheets? You fucked in my bed." He leans against the counter next to me and grabs a piece of pizza.
"Yea I'll get you a new set. Just give me a few days." Reaper walks over and grabs a piece of pizza then stands beside me. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "Stop." I murmur. His grip loosens. "Thank you, and don't ruin the new set. You could've walked 5 feet further and had been in your room." He rolls his eyes and finishes his pizza. "Was close enough." 
"Hey will you help me burn my sheets tonight?" I ask Shane. "Yeah I will we can go do it now if you want."I jump down from the counter, whiskey still in hand and lead Shane to my room.
He finishes his pizza and helps me to pull off my pillow cases and sheets and we carry them outside and onto the sidewalk. I pull my cigarette lighter out of my pocket and light a pillow case, throwing it down onto the contaminated pile.
"Why are we burning your sheets anyway?" Shane asks. "I know something happened to make you sleep with me earlier, but I didn't know what." I take a sip of my whiskey and look up at him. "Cause your brother had sex on them." He looks at me like I'm insane. "Thanks for the warning before I touched those." He grimaced.
I laugh. "What's that face for? You both share DNA." I pause, he's still staring at me "Quit looking at me like that." He shakes his head. "You -me- we need showers."
I laugh again. "Im sure worse things have touched your hands." I turn to walk back inside but Shane grabs my arm and spins me to face him. "Hey what was the deal with you brushing me off earlier?" I shrug. "Didn't think other people needed to know about us." I say. "I don't care who knows about us. You've made me happy for a long time and I don't give a shit who sees." He says with a grin.
I give a soft smile. Maybe it will really work out. He plants a gentle kiss on my lips and wraps his arm around my waist. "So what's on the agenda for tomorrow?" I ask him. "Drug deal." He murmurs, "let's go to my room, I'll tell you more." He leads me back to his room and locks the door behind us.
"Didn't wanna say anything in front of everyone because not everyone knows or is going." He says. "We need more cash to keep the club up, and supply our gun running. Our deal tomorrow is trading drugs for cash, but we aren't giving them drugs, and we're getting that cash." He says with a grin. "I'm coming with you." I say. "No you're not." He says with a chuckle. "Yes the fuck I am." I say and leave the room.
      "Anyone wanna go for a ride to get gas?" I yell out. Ace, joker, Bullet and Shane, all respond. I turn to leave the door jam of the hallway when Shane pins me to the wall. "No you're not." He says quietly. "Just because we're together now, doesn't mean you can control what I do Shane." He leans in, where I can feel his breath on the side of my neck, "it's dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt. I care too much about you."
The words are caught in my throat. I can't breath and every second feels like an hour. "No." Is all I manage to say. The words break my trance. "No, you can't control me Shane. I'll be fine. I've handled myself perfectly fine plenty of times in the past." He cuts me off.
"But you know what happened with the last big cargo gun run we had. We had planned everything out to a T and even equally exchanged for the supplies, but you still got hurt. They still hurt you and you still ended up in the hospital." He chokes and a ping of sadness fills me. "I sat in the hospital with you for weeks- worried if you were ever going to wake up." He buries his face in the crook of my neck and I wrap my arms around him. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll be careful tomorrow. Just let me go?" I ask him.
He's cut short before he can respond. "Hey lovebirds. Let's go get gas like you said Whiskey." Bullet said. "So much for nothing going on between you two." She murmured. Shane pulls away and I give him a kiss on the cheek then turn to grab my cut. I walk into the bar room and grab my cut off of a bar stool. Shane follows me momentarily.
I slide on the cut and jog out to my motorcycle. Ace and Bullet were waiting outside already, and moments later Shane and Joker walk out.  We all start our bikes and ride out of the club parking lot, following behind Shane.
The gas station wasn't far from the clubhouse, and wouldn't take too much time out of the trip if we waited until tomorrow, but I needed to get out of the club. I knew me and Shane needed gas from earlier, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else wanted to come. Moments later and we're pulling into the gas station. I pull up to a pump and twist the key to cut the engine.
        "Pump mine for me?" I ask Ace after he pulls up beside me.  He nods and I throw him my card. "Anyone want any snacks from the store?" I say, grabbing some cash from the pouch above my gas tank.
        "Get me something, I don't care what." Joker says. "Can you grab me a coffee? I think we're out at the clubhouse." Shane says. "Got it, want anything? Bullet? Ace?" I ask. "I'm good thanks though Whiskey." Ace replies "I'll come in with you, I need a pack of smokes." Bullet says and she walks with me into the store.
"You're full of shit." She says with a smile. "I thought there was nothing between you and Reaper." She says, following me to grab the guy's things. "There wasn't anything between us... when you asked." I say, grabbing joker a bag of crisps. "What changed?" Bullet asks, grabbing a soda from the cooler. "You know he's been persistently asking me about being his old lady. I just, don't know, had a change of heart?" I pour Shane's coffee.
"I didn't think we'd ever get together, or that there'd ever be anything between us, but as I was thinking about it I realized that I'm allowed to be happy. I've liked him for years but didn't want to admit it out loud or really pursue anything. When he asked me about being his old lady I though he was full of shit. It just... goes against my initial beliefs, and not wanting to be tied down, but I don't care with him? It's easy, you know?"
She stops me with a huge shit-eating grin. "I know exactly how you feel, and I'm glad you guys finally got together. I mean the sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife." I groan. "It really wasn't that noticeable." I say "maybe not for everyone else, but I spend a shit ton of time with you guys and could tell." We walk to the counter and I pay for the guys stuff and 2 cartons of cigarettes for me and Bullet.
"Did I make the wrong decision?" I ask, handing the teller my ID and some cash. "No. Can I tell you something?" She asks. "Of course Bullet. I won't say anything to anyone." I throw the crips and cartons into a plastic bag and carefully carry the coffee out. "Me and Ace have been dating on the side. I've wondered if I made the wrong decision, but I trusted my heart and everything's work out so far, so you just gotta do that with Shane."
       I smile, thinking about our relationship, and then falter as I realize I left my change inside. "Shit, here take this to the guys and leave my cigs on my bike seat. I gotta go grab my change." I tell bullet and turn back to the store and go in to grab the cash.
As I grab the left over money, I feel cold steel pressed against the back of my head.
        "One move and I'll put a bullet in your brain. Put your hands up." I hear a gruff voice say from behind me. I look in the mirror above the register and see it's a cop. "Goddamn it." I mutter and put my hands up. "Start walking." He says and shoves me towards the door. We step out into the crisp February air, and I look around for any possible exit to this situation.
Shane is no where to be seen, but the guys have noticed me and started walking towards me, guns hidden but at the ready. "You touch that trigger I'll put a bullet in you." I hear Shane say in a menacing voice from behind me.
         "Put your gun down." Shane says as Bullet, Ace, and Joker draw their guns. After a tense moment, I feel the barrel falter from the back of my head, as if the cop was making a decision between taking me out and dying or living to see another day. As soon as I can no longer feel the cold metal I spin around and grab the pistol from the cops hand.
           He looks at me taken aback by my sudden movement. I throw the gun to Shane and he catches it. "Get the fuck outta here." He says to the cop and the cop sprints off, looking back every few steps.
           "Fucking cops." Shane says. "Joker you, Ace, and Bullet can head back. Me and Whiskey are gonna go ride for a bit." Joker nods and motions for the guys to get on their bikes. After a moment, and a few kick-starts, they leave.
"Where we going Shane?" I ask him. "Just follow me." We get on our bikes and start them. I throw my helmet in my saddle bag not wanting to wear it,  and tail him as he pulls out of the parking lot.
           We ride through the town and into the outskirts, heading up to Boone, but pull off at thunderhill overlook. We cut our bikes off and I lean against mine. "It's so pretty out here at dusk." I murmur.
Shane walks over and he puts his hands on my waist and leans down to where his lips were lingering just inches above mine. I put my hands on the side of his face and stand on the ball of my feet to reach him, pressing my lips to his.
He deepens the kiss and after a few moments I pull back to catch a breath, as sprinkles of rains start softly falling on the asphalt. "Wanna go home?" He asks me. "Yeah." We walk to our bikes as the bottom falls out and rain starts pounding down, drenching us. "Ugh." I mutter and we leave the outlook, speeding down the mountain pass, and back to the club.
We get back, soaking wet, and walk into the club after pulling our bikes under the shelter. Shane lays one of his arms around my side and we walk into the club. We break off, and Shane goes to talk to Joker about the deal tomorrow. Water droplets fall off of me, reminding me how soaked and cold I am, and I take the momentary break from people and walk back to my room to grab a change of clothes and a shower.
Shane had already changed into shorts and showered by the time I walked back to his room. I push the door open to see Shane laying on the bed watching trashy tv, and drinking a beer. I collapse on his bed next to him and yawn. The show is some old western and barely holds my interest. I watchfor a minute then get bored and as soon as he sets down his beer I take my chance. I roll over and sit on-top of him, pressing my hands against his chest, and balance on my knees, barely touching him.
              "What're you doing?" His voice comes out gruff, with a hint of surprise. "I don't know." I mutter as he grabs my waist and sits me down flat on him. I lean down and kiss him. He quickly shifts our positions and I'm under him, my wrists pinned above my head. His lips start tracking down my neck with more passion and he hit the sweet spot on my neck and I let out a quiet moan.
                He chuckles and releases my wrists, pausing to lift up my tank top. He looks up at me with lust, as if seeking my approval to continue. I crack a little grin. As things are starting to get hot, a knock echos through the room. "Fuck." He mutters and gets up. "Who is it." He said angrily. I let out a quiet laugh and pull on my missing clothes. "Joker." He says and I groan.
Shane grabs the door and throws it open. His arms cross and I bet a pretty nasty look on his face. "What." He says looking down at Joker. "Who's coming on the drug run tomorrow?" He asks and pushes his way behind Shane. He stops when he notices me in Shane's bed, hair disheveled and my top on backwards. "Oh sorry big brother didn't realize you had company." He says with a laugh. "Fuck off Joker." I mutter and walk into the bathroom. How the fuck could I put my tank top back on wrong?
            I slide down against the wall and sit in the floor of the bathroom, waiting till Joker leaves. I hear muted voices on the other side of the wall talking. Why did we start that? I shouldn't have done that.
            Moments later everything is quiet and a small knock comes from the other side of the door. "You ok?" Shane asks. "Yeah just hiding till joker left." He pops open the door and peeks in. "Can I come hide with you?" He asks, and I laugh. "I'm coming out." I say and get up from the ground. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a bear hug. "Are you embarrassed of us being together?" He asks, his face buried in the crook of my neck.
           I pull away. "Of course not. It's just-" I pause. "Different. Y'know?" I say. "I'm not embarrassed I just don't know." I mutter. "Well I'll tell everyone. I've cared about you for years and I finally have a chance to really show you." He says with a grin before giving me a little kiss and going to throw away his beer bottles.
           I smile and lay back down on the bed. When he finishes picking up his mess and drops down next to me. I check the blinking alarm clock and see it's 12:42 am and groan. With a 5 am wake up call I'm gonna be beat. "I think I'm gonna pass out cause we have to be up early for that drug run." I say to him and he nods. I cut off the lamp beside my side of the bed and grab part of the blanket.
He follows suit and clicks off his lamp. He pulls me towards him so my back is resting against his chest. "You're like a drug to me you know? I crave you." He murmurs, nipping at my ear and wraps one of his arms around my waist. He plants a kiss on my neck and settles into bed. With his free hand he plays with my hair and I slowly fall asleep.