Baby

Whiskey Echo

        I slowly start to blink my eyes open. Shane's snoring quietly, his arm still wrapped around my stomach, but now his leg is over mine.
            I look over at the clock. It's only 4:30. "Shane" I murmur quietly. He groans and I roll my eyes. I try to pull out from under him so and he pulls me tighter against his chest. I yawn and move his arm from my stomach, then push his leg off of me. "Don't leave." He mutters, his brows furrow and his deep voice echos in the small room. I stand up, turning away from looking at him and start getting dressed.
When I go back to get him up I notice he's been watching me change. "Perv." I mutter and he chuckles. "What time does the drug deal start?" I ask him, brushing my hair out. He sits up and props himself against the headboard.
           "We're supposed to meet around 9." He says. "It's going on 5 now so if you want to get everyone up and ready to ride out you can. We gotta be leaving soon anyway cause it's gonna be at least a 3 hour ride."  I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Ok, I'll go grab Joker and the others." I mutter and leave Shane lying in bed. I walk through the clubhouse hallways, knocking on rooms for the on-site members.
          With waking up everyone who was coming finished, I sit in the common room and slide on a pair of combat boots, my 9mm, and making sure my mags were loaded and that I had extra ammo in my cut.
The small group is ready to take off around 5:15 and Shane finishes getting everything he thinks we'll need. "Oh shit my boot knife!" I mutter and run to my room to grab  a 9 inch blade, then stick it down in my boot.
        Soon, we're starting our bikes, and follow Shane out to the rendezvous point. He leads, followed by Joker and I, then everyone else fell in suit behind us
       Shane had the President patch on the right side of his chest, Joker had Vice President, and I had Enforcer. No one else in the club wore patches on their chests like ours.
        I turn on my radio and listen to a mixed playlist as we ride along the highway, just enjoying the whipping of the wind and hot sun against my face. It doesn't feel like long before we're arriving at the warehouse. I switch off the song playing when we pull up. We drive in and carefully our bikes on the gravel lot, making sure not to spin so no one wrecks on the death trap.
"Who are they planning on meeting them here for the trade?" I ask, as I pull off my helmet and set it on the seat of my bike. "Joker and I were supposed to be meeting someone with a couple bricks of Coke for a few grand." Shane says. "What are you going to do?" He shrugs and I groan. "Great plan Reaper." He rolls his eyes.
             "You guys go ahead inside and call us when you need backup. We can have you covered on both sides." Bullet pipes up and I grin at her.
      "We can split and go half front half back. Cover both doors and when you give us a signal or call we can bust in all badass and shit and get the money." I say to Shane and he nods. "I guess that's our best plan. Be careful crew." He says giving a nod before grabbing the blocks and walking up to the door with Joker.
         "Bullet take a few people and the front when they get inside, everyone else follow me." I say and start directing the few club members we had with us. I gather my group and go towards the back as Bullet takes Ace and a few others and leads them to the front. We stand by the doors, waiting for a signal from either leaders to bust in.
      Gunshots kick off and we bust open the metal doors. I hear "go go go," from bullet over the radio and we all breech the warehouse.
       I lead into the room, my pistol up and I'm quickly scanning. Gunshots ring loudly in the metal box. The motherfuckers brought backup. "Fuck." I say and sprint in low, trying to find cover while letting more people come in.
      "Goddamn it." I mutter as a bullet flies by my ear, and I hear ringing. Outlaws start coming into view, and I'm taking every opportunity I can to put them down. I drop to the floor to reload but before I can fully get my magazine in, I get slammed to the ground. My pistol falls out of my hand and slides across the floor, out of reach. One of the outlaws has a knife to my throat, and his knee dug into my chest.
        I try to reach for my boot knife as he presses the knife into my neck. Warm liquid starts flowing from my neck and he presses deeper. I give up on trying to get the knife, I can't reach my shoe. I start clawing at his arms and face, trying to get him to loosen the pressure against my neck or move his knee. My vision starts to blur as the lack of oxygen wears in on me. By some miracle, I'm  able to poke him in the eye and he releases the knife. I take this opportunity and grab the knife and slam it into his eye socket. He falls on me and I shove him to the side gasping for air.
         His body falling on me knocks the wind out of my lungs and I sit on my knees gasping for air. "Fuck this." I murmur as the edges of my vision turn dark and I try to get up. I take a minute to catch my breath and grab my gun. Taking back up position as a few more shots rang out, and I'm able to hit another Outlaw. All of a sudden the shots just stop.
          I hear Shane's voice yelling "MOVE!" Heavy sets of footsteps scramble towards the doors, getting the fuck out of the bloody warehouse. "Anyone seen Whiskey?" I hear Shane, closer now, panic lacing his voice. I try to walk but the adrenaline is wearing off and blood loss makes me realize how weak I feel. I can make it until we get back. I'll be fine. I tell myself and use the wall to brace myself to where I heard Shane's voice.
            His tall figure rounds the corner and he sprints to me. "Oh my god you're ok." He says and wraps me in a hug. "We gotta fucking go. I know Jake's dead." He says with a tone of sadness. "Fuck." I groan and start making my way to the door. He notices my neck and worry covers his face. "Are you ok? What the fuck happened." He asks. I brush him off with a "I'm fine" and leave the warehouse to find if the rest of our club was ok.
           I do a quick damage control of our members. Jakes the only one missing, he was just a prospect but it's still sad. Everyone's a little banged up with bullet wounds, knife wounds, or something from brawling but fit to ride and nothing that couldn't be fixed at the clubhouse. We leave the warehouse, with more cash then was planned. At least something good came from this. The club pulls out, Shane comes over the mic and talks about police and not wanting to be there when they got here.
       "Hey are you ok?" Shanes voice comes over my headset a few minutes "Yeah yeah I'm fine." I reply to him. "What happened to your neck?" He asks and I hesitatingly say "It was a outlaw that got the jump on. It's not a big deal."
          He groans over the line. "I hope you left him worse off than you. I'm sorry I couldn't have helped." He pauses "I'll see you when we get back to the club baby." He finishes and cuts the line.