Cracks in the sky part 3

The sound of water dripping down onto the hardwooden planks had been the only thing preventing the mages from being surrounded in silence.

Juvia had been staring outside, the lightning cracks illuminating her frame and sparkling eyes, the cabin itself had been completely dark.

The watermage shivered a little from the cold, a smokey cloud escaping her lips as she trembled, hugging herself to stay warm.

She was surprised to find a warm feeling cloth touch her skin, lifting and drying her hairs.

She spun around to see Gray with a towel in his hands, a stern expression on his face as he removed the cold droplets of water from her face, neck, hairs and ears, his hands strolling down to dry and warm her arms, but his gaze remained on her smile.

"Thank you.." she whispered. "For taking care."

Gray snorted a little, finding it cute how she thanked him for nothing.

She had always been so thankful and sweet, and those are only two of many reasons as to why Gray Fullbuster loved her.

She frowned a little when he rubbed her nose, a tiny red nose appearing from underneath the cloth, only to scrunch up.

"Achoo!"

She sneezed a little, quickly hiding her face in shame upon seeing Gray's startled expression, but the sound of her sneeze gave Gray another bunch of butterflies, was there anything this woman couldn't do cutely?

"Bless you." He whispered, turning away to close the open window that had caused the sneeze attack.

Right then, it came to mind that it really, only was the two of them.

For the first time in what felt like forever, Gray and Juvia had been alone, no noisy Natsu, attention asking Lucy, ordering Erza or shy squeeking Wendy surrounding them, no drunken men bolting bottles at their heads, no fists colliding with his face, no roars or giggles, just the nice silence accompied by their steady breaths.

Gray took a moment to thank Mavis for blessing him with this, shooting her a quick thank you prayer before turning around to see Juvia stipping herself of her coat.

His eyes widened five times the size from the original, his whole face began to heat up at the sight of her snowlike yet slightly reddened shoulders.

"S-sorry Gray-sama! But Juvia was too cold.. Juvia figured she could let her clothes dry better if she took them off.."

Holy cow.. now he was sure that he had been blessed.. Mavis help him.

"I I see.." he stuttered softly, a giggle dancing in his ears and he turned to see Juvia smiling sweetly, a rosey blush covering her cheeks.

"Gray-sama is as cool as ever!" She giggled and went to get herself a blanket to wear, the small cabin having been seen for by many pieces of furniture and decorations, sure it would have a blanket to spare.

Just as she was about to grab one of the couch, she felt two strong arms pull her close, her back crashing softly against a warm body, hot breath filling her left ear as he whispered her name.

She instantly dropped the blanket, her heart pounding rappidly, almost fast enough to create an explosion in her chest.

"G-Gray-sama?!" She shrieked, unable to think as her mind carried her to Juvia land, her imagination taking the better of her, and when his lips landed softly onto her neck.. she was done for.

Shot through the heart like a deer waiting in front of  a hunter, pierced without a word.

"Juvia.. I have been wanting this for so long." He admitted, taking in her scent as if he was scared that it all had been a dream.

"Juvia wanted this too.."

Gray smiled.. "I know you do."

He turned her around, guiding her down to take a seat on the couch, his smile never leaving her mind as he went to light up the fireplace.

A warm fire filled Juvia with delight, the warm light shining brightly against Gray's musculair frame, his eyes finding hers.

He stood up, kneeling down in front of her, his hands holding onto hers as he leaned in to peck her lips. Juvia eagerly accepted the kiss bringing him down with passion and emotion, not to forget her devotion.

Gray laughed between her kisses, his chuckle like music to Juvia's ears, encouraging her to continue her work which the watermage happily did.

"Can I say something?" He asked her between smothering kisses, his smile remaining on his face as if permanently.

"No.. Juvia needs more.." she growled and he laughed the hardest he ever did, feeling her lips crash on his again and again.

"I do too.."

Juvia pulled away, her eyes widened in shock when she felt a cold sting on her skin.

Looking down she saw something she would never had expected to see, especially not now in all times and places.

On her finger was a ring, a gorgeous ring which had been engraved with his initials, hers and the word: Aishiteru, or I love you.

She found herself lost for words, her mind trying to understand what she was seeing, her eyes setteling on his crimson face, his eyes not daring to meet hers.

"G-Gray..-"

"Please.. accept it." He whispered.

"Can... can you say it..?" She answered.

He looked up, his eyes boiling with nervousity, his skin on edge and his body rocking forward like a puppet.

"W-what?"

"Can you.. ask it..?"

Gray frowned, knowing somewhere in his heart that she would have asked him to say it, his body was even hotter than Natsu's flames as he found himself burning with determination.

"Idiot... don't ask me to go out off my comfort zone.."

Juvia nodded sadly, understanding his words. But she smiled knowing nevertheless what he had asked her to be.

"Wjxjdjejdjwkk..?"

Juvia looked at him with questioning eyes.

"W-what did you say?"

Gray growled, turning away to say it again, this time loud enough for her to hear.

"Will you please marry me..?"

Before he had an answer, she had crashed down on him, her eyes spilling the tears she had held in for too long, her lips kissing all the spots on his face, neglecting his lips which had been dying for her touch.

"YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES! YES!!!"