Baby it's cold outside part 1

Snowflakes dartled slowly to the floor, the wind was swaying smoothly, creating an almost enchanting scenery as the fairy tale- like lights warmed the streets.

It was Christmas eve in Magnolia, and everyone in Fairy Tail was having a blast during their yearly annual christmas party.

The christmas music was blazing, cookies were being passed around, red and white decorations were filling the room with christmas cheer and the enormous tree in the middle was shining brightly.

Juvia smiled at her friends which were dancing along on the music, both dressed in red and so very very much in love.

Gajeel gently swayed the small and heavily pregnant Levy over the dancefloor, the bluenette was giggling and smiling as much as she could, her baby bump nearly as round as the christmas ball in the tree!

Juvia took a sip from her hot chocolate as she spun around to see what the others were up to, her big blue eyes quickly finding the raven haired ice mage chatting away with two female members of Team Natsu. Erza and Lucy.

The watermage batted her eyes, finding herself lost in imagination land when she noticed Gray blush a little on something Lucy said.

She quickly snuck over to watch their every move from close by, wanting nothing more but to hear what they had been talking about, and if it had been something worth worrying over.

All day she had been trying to give Gray his present.
Something she had worked on very hard, something she made with her own hands to make him smile the brightest he had ever smiled, but so far she had no luck.

She carefully eyed the three mages which continued to chat happily like they had all night, not giving Juvia an opening to step in and steal Gray for a moment, and that's when things got worse.

The guildhall suddenly turned a pitchblack, shocking everyone inside, only to shake them more with the sound of rumbling comming from above them.

This went on for a while, leaving all the mages to run around to find anything that could help them in the sudden evironment, but so far, luck was not on their side.

"Is everybody alright?!" Makarov shouted through the halls, hearing his children answer him with positive words, lifting his mood.

"It appears that we have been snowed in. The storm has given us a power shortage, it looks like we're stuck in here." Laxus explained as he wandered downstairs, crossing his arms in the way only he could, a sphere of lightning in his hand to guide him in the dark.

"Can't you give us some elektricity?" Evergreen suggested, but the lightning mage shook his head.

"Wish I could, but it would toast us all if I tried.".

The mages were all over the place, desperation hanging in the air, and Juvia couldn't pinpoint where she nor Gray had been in this very moment.
Several people had bumped into her, not minding her as she softly passed them by.

She rubbed her shoulder, feeling a burn from the bumps against her.

That was going to leave a bruise..

"We'll split up, Fairy Tail will make this a good christmas party, despite the circumstances! We'll need two teams to find us light, blankets and other supplies to keep us all safe and secure. It's promising to become a cold night.."

"Team Natsu offers to search for the light!" Lucy exclaimed from the darkness, her key shining down on her to reveal her, Erza, Gray and Wendy, but Natsu wasn't near, giving Juvia a heartattack.

"Natsu's not here yet, which is why we have to make another way to create light other than his or Romeo's magic. We can't force the child to abuse his power for heat." Erza explained gently, having her teammates to nod in approval.