Mistakes part 3

Gray groaned as he opened his eyes.
He found himself facing the floor, an empty bottle of what was probably a heavy liqour had been resting in the palm of his hand, the alcohol, pressumably in either Gray's body or morphed into the mysteriously big red stain on his greyish rug, he frowned, knowing it was most likely the latter.

He sat up, letting out a deep cough as he felt his throat sting from the burning and soothing liquid

Gray's head was throbbing and he narrowed his eyes, trying to focus on his floor, but the blurry sight he was seeing wasn't helping him even the slightest.

Knock knock*

Gray flinched, thinking he had heard a knock on his door, he waited a minute, trying to figure out who or what kt could have possibly been.

Knock knock*

There it was again! This time Gray rose to his feet at the speed of sound, knowing it wasn't his imagination.

He slumped over to the door, knocking over a few empty beer bottles as he went and he grimached from the sound of shattering glass.

Knock knock knock knock!*

"I'm commin!!" Gray called out, finding his guest very rude for being so impatient, and he wondered what it could be to make him come to the door as quick as he could, thinking it must have been something with utmost importance.

Gray tried to unlock his front foor, cursing a few times as he dropped the key to the floor and back again, bumping his head as he did causing him to scold himself and the knocking to continue even faster than before!

He quickly unlocked the door, forcing it open to greet his guest with squinting eyes.

And that's when he saw her.

Juvia stood in front of him, panting and out of breath, her hair was a mess and her cheek had been cut, the wound still pouring fresh blood, tainting her fair skin a crimson color.

"J-Juvia?! What happened?!" He asked her quickly, pulling her inside where Juvia whinced a little when smelling the heavy alchol scent his home was reeking off.

"Who attacked you?! Did you win?! Don't tell me he-"

"Gray-sama.. Juvia is fine.. relax.. please."

Her hands held onto his with all the gentleness and softness the sweet girl could muster, her big eyes gazing into his making him calm almost immediately.

Her thumbs rubbed circles over his hands, making him breathe heavily as she once again managed to bring him light in the darkness.

"What happened..?" He asked her calmly, his hands pulling away  from hers to cup her cheeks in his palms, forcing her softly to look into his eyes.

"Juvia.. Juvia ran into.. the woman.."

Gray's eyes widened and his arms weakened, his breath hitched in his throat but Juvia was quick to hold onto his hands, holding him in his place as she gave him a weak smile.

"Gray-sama.. Juvia learned some things.."

"Juvia! Please listen to me, I swear I was out of my mind last night, please.. I...I.."

Finding himself lost for words, Gray did the only thing he could do to calm himself.

He wrapped his arms around Juvia's small frame and held her close, burrowing his face inside the crook of her neck as he let himself go, crying inside her warm embrace.

"Gray-sama.."

Gray's cursed at himself, sinking through his knees and to the floor, bringing Juvia down with him, and she allowed him. She knew he needed her right now.