Chapter 45 - Everybody's Target

Start from the beginning

"Give... that back." He said in a weak, strained voice. "That doesn't belong... to you."

"I believe this belongs to the Kingdom." Killer objected, turning around and holding it out tauntingly.

"No it's not." Ink said with a hiss of pain.

He could see Reaper taking out the knife from his peripheral while Killer only grinned at him. "Punishments will be in order after this mess, slave. Say your last words on your execution."

Second turned around to continue walking while the Guardian of Creation weakly crawled with limbs, pulsing in pain. "Get back here..."

"I'd rather not, I don't have time for useless-"

If Ink wasn't paying close attention, he would have considered it a point blank range attack as the knife stabbed Killer in the leg. The General staggered while Third flung himself on the other, grabbing the half as Ink stood up. The artist wobbly run to the two wrestling on the ground but before he could do anything, Reaper did the reckless decision by throwing it through the air.

Ink slowly recovered his strength and ran after it. He avoided a soldier falling over him from Error's battle. He extended his arms, training his sight on the artifact. He can't let it have more cracks, who knows what was happening in their Multiverse right now.

He heard footsteps behind him too late as he felt weight on his shoulder and someone using him as a jumping board. His speed deflated as he faltered at the sudden shift of balance. He looked up to see Lust holding the half. Ink didn't hesitate to jump and try to steal it away. His hand was swatted away when he tried to reach for it.

Both landing securely at the ground, Ink side-stepped from a punch and returned with a kick blocked by Lust. He needed to be careful not to get hurt anymore.

"We need this, Ink." Lust begged to him.

"So do we."

He advanced forward and jumped, giving an aerial kick which the assassin blocked. Ink bounced back a bit before attacking again by successfully stepping on his opponent's foot. Lust let out a shriek but caught the punch, pulling Ink to him.

Ink shuffled when Lust pulled him to the side and kicked a soldier sneaking up to them. He was actually grateful or else he's done for. A pained shout came from afar and Ink's face turned to shock. He looked at Lust then to Error.

Lust had the orb and it's their key to go home if he could grab it before everything they could go home.

But Error... Error's getting ganged up by the soldiers.

He could take the item from Lust but... but for how long? Lust was skilled if he attempted anything it would longer like with Reaper and if he got injured by someone with different LV again, he'd be done for. Error might die if he was too late.

He kept looking back at Lust and Error. The assassin did nothing but stood as he watched the other contemplate. Ink bit his lip and decided the best action he could do.

We're going home together.

He ran fast to Error's direction. He kicked down one of the guards, taking the spear and knocked them down. The artist held the spear in his right hand. He could already see Error blocking all of them constantly switching between both hands. If he had full power, he would have hung all of them to the ceiling but it seemed to be limited now.