𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱

𝟮𝟰 | 𝗘𝗫𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗘

'𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙚

'𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙚. 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙'

•·················•·················•

"WAKEY, WAKEY." KAI WHISPERED WATCHING BONNIE'S eyes open. He pulled her out of the trunk of the car, her hands were bound together, and she stumbled as her feet met the ground.

"How did I..." She started only to get interrupted by Kai.

"Get so lucky to arrive here on a private flight piloted by yours truly? Oh, you would have been super impressed with my flying skills, but I'd already knocked you out with painkillers."

"He's actually surprisingly good." Keziah inputted. That was the first time she had been in a plane with Kai. He tried so long to get her into one with him, during their time alone. But she would not let it happen. He won this time as he suspected they would have a way out of this hell hole by tomorrow. She wanted out now.

"Where are we?"

"Portland, Oregon, stomping grounds of Courtney Love, Tonya Harding and tons of other awesome people." Kai summarised.

"You could have brought me anywhere in the world, and you took me to Portland?"

"This is where I grew up."

Keziah cut the ropes off Bonnie's hands with the pocket knife she had in her jeans.

"I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet, and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days, so in the real world, which we'll never get back to because you sent your magic away in a teddy bear, today's my favourite day of the year."

"And what day is that?" Bonnie questioned.

"Thanksgiving. We're cooking dinner." Keziah stated smiling at Kai. They couldn't wait for the food.

"Ah, memories." Kai said as he walked onto the porch of his house. "Pitter patter of little siblings' feet, witchy-woo, chanting in the air, mom and dad calling me an abomination."

"Why did you want to come back here?" Bonnie queried.

"Last year, thanksgiving was at mine. This year, it's at Kai's. We agreed to take turns." Keziah answered, lying on the spot.

"Mi casa es su casa." Kai smirked and sent Kez a wink.

•·················•·················•

They had all managed to cook a Spaghetti Bolognese without too much arguing. Kai and Keziah had faked a deal with Bonnie that they would leave her alone after this 'goodbye' meal and give her the car keys, she happily helped cook after agreeing.

They now all sat at the table eating and drinking a bottle of white wine, well, Kai was still eating, Bonnie and Keziah had long finished. Kai was finding any way possible to annoy Bonnie amusing as hell.

"Really? You've been eating that same piece for 45 minutes." Bonnie stated to Kai.

"Is it a crime to want to savour our last meal together?"

"I had thanksgiving dinner with you. Now you keep up your end of the deal and give me your car keys."

"I should probably teach you how the clutch works. It's finicky."

"Quit stalling and give me your keys."

"Fine. I'm stalling. But don't you want to hear how my story ends?"

"I've read the newspaper. You murdered your siblings, and your coven sent you to live in this prison world."

"My family sent me to this prison world. My father, the great coven leader... he treated me like crap for 22 years and then locked me here. It's like his... like his kids didn't even matter. Coven always came first no matter what."

Kai then went on to explain what had happened to cause him to be sent to the prison world. He was going to murder his two youngest siblings when his twin, Jo, said that she would merge with him.

They had walked outside to the front yard, as Kai told the story.

"So, Jo agreed to the merge?" Bonnie asked.

"Well, we needed a celestial event, so the plan was to use the power of the eclipse happening the next day. She even gathered our own coven to help. They tricked me good. Instead of using the power of the eclipse for the merge, my dad used it to send me here, and where'd Jo's magic go? You know, it made zero sense. Magic doesn't just, like, disappear, but then you made yours disappear when you hid it in Ms. Cuddles, and it hit me. My sneaky little twin sister hid her magic..."

Kai reached into the stump of a tree and searched through leaves until he withdrew a knife. "In this."

"Still there."

"Still here and still full of magic." Kai closed his eyes and siphoned the magic from the knife. He sighed and let go of the knife, letting it float in the air. "Well, it was. I just sucked it out."

"You have magic again. Good for you."

"I also have the ascendant."

"Doesn't matter. You need a Bennett witch to do the spell."

Keziah sighed and tutted at Bonnie. "Not very smart, are you? We've seen you do the spell twice now. There's nothing special about you...except for your blood."

Kai flicked his hand and the knife went flying into Bonnie's stomach and she was knocked unconscious.

•·················•·················•

"Are you ready?" Keziah asked Kai as they stood back in the cave in Mystic Falls. They'd made it back the next day in time for the eclipse. They had the ascendant and they had Bonnie's blood. They were finally going to escape this prison.

"I'm so nervous. Is that weird? No that's normal. I can't wait to see the future." Kai said fast.

On their way back, Kai had told Keziah to siphon some of the magic from him. He said that it was unfair that he had all of it. They were a team and couldn't have done this without each other.

"No that's normal." She laughed, looking up and watching the sun. Only a few more seconds.

Kai poured the vial of Bonnie's blood onto the ascendant and Keziah gripped onto his arms. They nodded and both began chanting the spell.

"Sangina mearma, ascendarum cavea."

Click.

It was working.

"Sangina mearma, ascendarum cavea."

Click.

"Sangina mearma, ascendarum cavea."

A bright light appeared and when it disappeared, they found themselves in the woods. The sounds of birds chirping nearly made Keziah cry of happiness.

"We did it." She sighed and hugged Kai tightly. He started jumping them up and down.

She's going home. Home was where Kol was, but the next closest thing was Nik. She did owe him an explanation anyway. He probably thought she was dead after more than a year away.

Nik, I'm coming home.