𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤

𝟭 | 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗬

'𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮'

•·················•·················•

KEZIAH ROSE LOOKED UP AT THE MYSTIC GRILL with a hopeful glint in her eye. She had been wondering around the town looking for her friends in all of their favourite spots to hang out, fingers crossed that she would find them somewhere. She was slowly losing hope as the day went on.

It was her birthday after all. It was meant to be a day full of laughter and joy, surrounded by her friends. Yet, none of them seemed to arrive at her house for the pool party they were going to have. She was turning eighteen, a big milestone. It had to be celebrated. They had been talking about it all week, after all.

Heading inside, Keziah looked around before she noticed a familiar face. Damon Salvatore. The brother of Elena's boyfriend and drinking buddy to her history teacher Mr Saltzman. She was wary of Damon; never liking the fact that he got involved with their friendship group. It was weird and he gave off a bad vibe.

Taking a deep breathe to calm her nerves, she headed over to the two, who were talking to someone else Keziah had never seen before. "Damon, hey."

His head turned and a small smile graced his face as he stared down at her. He fiddled with his drink and repeatedly cast glances behind him. He was nervous. She noticed the signs immediately. "Keziah! What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for everyone, they were meant to be round mine, four hours ago. We're having a pool party for my birthday." Keziah replied.

"And who's this?" A British accent spoke, curiosity in his tone.

Keziah tried to take a peak at the stranger but Damon was blocking her every chance. "None of your business." He snapped at the Brit.

For a millisecond, Keziah locked eyes with the stranger and his face was struck with wonder and bewilderment. Does he know her?

Keziah winced as Damon gripped tightly onto her shoulders and stared into her eyes.

Fuck. Here we go. Time for compulsion. She thought to herself.

"Keziah. Go home, stop looking for your friends. They are otherwise occupied and will be celebrating your birthday with you at the weekend."

Keziah stared numbly back, hating it. "I'll stop looking for my friends and go home." She repeated back and left the grill. As soon as she was outside, the blank look disappeared and anger took over.

Disappointment.

Anger.

Hatred.

Sadness.

Those were just some of the emotions she was feeling. Mostly at herself. She let them walk all over her again. When would she learn to stand up for herself and not let them? It wasn't vervain stopping them from compelling her, it was in her nature. She was a witch.

An abomination to her family.

"Happy birthday to me." She mumbled to herself.

•·················•·················•

Two days had passed.

Keziah was lounging on her bed, head hanging over the edge upside down as she stared at her phone. Still not a single peep from anyone. Well, she should be used to it. She would make the effort to hang out with them, but it never went both ways. She was always on the outside. Invisible to everyone around her. Elena had called her a chameleon once, amazing at blending in with a crowd. Forgotten and unnoticeable.

It's not like she wanted to be. She wanted to be seen. She wanted to be heard, but she always held back.

Keziah couldn't call them; couldn't text, otherwise Damon would know that she wasn't compelled. He would murder her. A tragic death killed by a vampire, she could see it now. Although, it's not like anyone would care. Everyone seemed to forget about her.

It was if she was a doll that they could throw around whenever they wanted. Do as they please. Oh, she got bitten by a vampire. Compel the memory away from her, she doesn't need to be involved. The whole friendship group was in on the secrets of Mystic Falls, but apparently, Keziah wasn't worth knowing them.

Keziah jumped out of her skin, when Stefan Salvatore suddenly appeared in front of her. Her heart was racing at seeing the vampire appear. She had to play the character, the facade of an innocent who knows nothing. "Stefan, h-how did you do that?"

"I'm so sorry, Keziah." Stefan apologised. The last thing Keziah saw was his hand swinging towards her head, sending her into darkness.

Pain.

That was all Keziah could goddamn fell. Right in the head. An awful lot of pain. As her hearing came back, grunting and slurping was all she could hear, as if someone was on the brink of dehydration. She opened her eyes and found herself lying down on a couch. Touching her head, she felt a patch of dried blood at the hairline.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

She looked around, eyes widening at the sight of Stefan being the source of the disgusting sounds. He was downing blood bags as if his life depended on it.

"Ah, sleeping beauty has awakened. Lovely." Her head turned to the same British accent from the Mystic Grill. The one who was talking with Damon and Mr Saltzman.

"What's going on? Who are you?" She questioned, pulling herself into a sitting position, knees at her chest.

The man leant down in front of her, encaging her in between his arms and staring into her eyes. Here we go. "Don't be afraid, love."

Keziah relaxed herself, knowing she had to. She couldn't do anything to avoid it unless she wanted death.

"I'm Niklaus Mikaelson, Klaus if you will. I won't hurt you." He turned his head and watched Stefan down another pint of blood before throwing him another one. His eyes turned back to Keziah. "I've drawn, painted, sculpted your face a thousand times. All at the request of my brother. We all thought he was crazy, imagining a pretty face like yours. But here we are. Here you are."

He studied her face as she frowned, confused at what he was saying. "You'll be safe with me. No more compulsion from the people who claim to protect you. You'll be free to do what you want."