𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖤𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳

𝟴 | 𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗧

'𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙖𝙡𝙩, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙘𝙧𝙮, 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩, 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩'

•·················•·················•

AFTER SUCCESSFULLY FINDING OUT THAT ELENA'S blood was the key to making the hybrids, Nik left town with a stash of her blood, hunting down more werewolves.

Whereas, Rebekah and Keziah were left behind. Nik had given Keziah some grimoires he had found and asked her to learn as much as she could. Practice and practice. Rebekah wasn't happy about being left behind but after seeing the mansion Kez lived in, she seemed to let it go. The walk-in closet in the guest bedroom was a big help.

It was the first day of Senior year. Keziah was finally a senior. She didn't feel much joy. To be honest, she'd rather be anywhere but here. She didn't want to be near her 'so called friends'. However, Rebekah dragged her along as she wanted to experience high school life.

"Okay, so in the office, just compel them to make you a timetable that matches mine." Kez spoke to Rebekah; they were in the corridor and all she needed to do was be registered.

"Got it, see you in class, Kez." Rebekah winked heading into the office.

Keziah shook her head in disbelief, this girl. Rebekah could do anything she wanted and had all the confidence in the world.

As the bell rang, Keziah headed into AP American History. Elena was discreetly talking with Mr Saltzman. She got sent the side eye from Elena and she just smiled brightly at her. She was not putting up with her crap this year. Keziah slid into her seat and just waited for all the drama to unfold.

"Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founds... the Native Americans." Mr Saltzman announced whilst writing on the blackboard.

"What about the Vikings?" Rebekah asked, as she walked into the room and took the empty seat next to Keziah.

"There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. Who are you?"

"My names Rebekah. I'm new. And history's my favourite subject."

•·················•·················•

"Something's different about you." Caroline mused.

Kez smiled over at her as she stretched, touching her toes. They were on the football field warming up ready for cheerleading practice.

"I've grown into myself." She answered, tying her hair up into a high pony.

"That's great!"

"Thanks Caroline." She smiled gratefully. She was the only one who really cared about her.

"Has anybody seen Dana?" One of the cheerleaders asked.

"Sounds like you have an opening on the squad." Rebekah piped up, coming to stretch next to the witch.

"What are you doing?" Caroline asked, as Rebekah continued to stretch. "Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives." She argued, she definitely didn't want Rebekah here, but Keziah was going to make sure she stayed.

"I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity." Rebekah paused to look out on to the field, watching Tyler. "Maybe even your boyfriend."

"Rebekah" Keziah growled, warning her. Bekah held her hands up in innocence as Caroline marched over to Tyler. "Let's get you on the team, shall we?" Keziah changed the subject.

She rose her voice gaining the attention of all the cheerleaders. "Alright girls, it seems that there is an opening on the team and Rebekah here wants to audition."

"Let's see what you've got!" Someone cheered.

Keziah nodded at Rebekah, giving her a thumbs up. She's got this. She gave herself a running start before performing a front aerial into a front handspring and landing in the front splits.

Everyone cheered, allowing her onto the team. "Nearly as good as me." Kez teased to Rebekah. She was normally the one to perform all the gymnastic stunts having a gymnastics background as a child. The only things getting her through childhood without magic was gymnastics and dance.

•·················•·················•

Keziah was having a blast. It was the bonfire and she could do whatever she wanted. No-one telling her what she could and couldn't drink. She wasn't one to drink beer, so Rebekah had gotten her a bottle of vodka beforehand. Bekah was off doing who knows what whilst Keziah had resorted to dancing in the crowd.

She twirled to the music, her arms swaying to the music as she took sips from the bottle. She was tipsy and she loved it. She was free, for once in her life. No more worrying.

It didn't help that, Kol stood in front of her, arms crossed over his face watching her with a smile on his face. Whenever she turned, she caught his smile and it made her want to dance more.

The bottle slipped out of her hands into another as they reached over and took it from her grasp. The culprit was Stefan Salvatore. "That's mine." Keziah deadpanned.

"I know." He took a long sip staring into her eyes before passing it back. "Just curious."

"About what?"

"Why Klaus wants me to keep an eye on you. Is he in love with you or something?"

"In love?" She spluttered out in between her laughs. "That's a good one. Go bother Elena"

She ran off from Stefan, dancing to the music as she searched around for Rebekah. "Bekah!" She shouted as she located her. She gripped onto her shoulders as she sloppily gave her a hug. "I've been looking everywhere for you." Unfortunately, she was with Damon Salvatore.

"Keziah Rose, what a pleasure to see you." He stated.

"Can't say the same." She replied taking a sip from Rebekah's drink. She was going to need it in his presence.

"You really should make better friends, hanging out with Rebekah Mikaelson doesn't look so good."

"You can talk."

"When did you get so feisty?" Damon asked, staring her up and down. She was a changed woman.

"When I got away from you." Keziah sneered, taking a step closer to him. "You can't compel me anymore. I'm not taking shit from any of you."

Rebekah just stood behind the witch, a smug smile on her face. She wanted this for Keziah. The confidence. She would step in if Keziah really needed the help.

"Listen here, Keziah. You chose the wrong side..."

Before, he could finish his compulsion, Keziah formed a fist in front of his face, siphoning some magic from the necklace. Damon Salvatore suffered from a strong aneurysm, that sent him straight to his knees. Keziah bent down to his level, as he clutched at his head, his face contorted in pain. "You never compelled me once."