𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤

𝟯 | 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗘

'𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣' 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢'

•·················•·················•

THE SMOKY MOUNTAINS WERE AMAZING. Keziah couldn't help but adore the outdoors, breathing in the fresh air, hiking up the mountain. It felt refreshing. Well, after an hour of hiking she had gotten tired and Nik offered to carry her up the rest of the way on his back.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Nik asked Stefan.

"I'm fine." He curtly replied.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down..."

"You know, I get that we're, uh... we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack."

Nik implied for Stefan to walk into the camp first, dumping Ray Sutton onto the ground. A woman rushed over to him, crouching down to inspect his body. "Ray! Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

As Nik walked forward to stand by Stefan, he paused next to Keziah and whispered in her ear, "You stay close, I don't want you getting hurt, Rosie."

She nodded and followed closely behind him.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid."

The smile on Niklaus' face was simply cockiness at its best. "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

•·················•·················•

"It's fascinating, actually... a werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Nik went on.

Ray shot up awake, scaring the shit out of Keziah, as she was too busy cloud gazing next to Nik, barely paying attention. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?"

"Stefan."

Stefan stood up and walked around eyeing the wolves. "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."