~ final authors note ~

CONTEXT ON THE ENDING: 

I'm going to be honest this is not how I expected to end Dream On Fire, (more context on that later). For the ending Oikawa introduces you to his family as your date/lover, this is the FINAL ending of Dream on Fire. No more of the story will be written. 

I wanted to leave how his family treated you, graduation, school dances, and the rest of the school year to be left up to the readers imagination. Orginally the story would've ended after Oikawa and you decided to be lovers. I was going to end it there but it didn't feel right. 

So long story short, the rest is up for imagination. I might come back to this story later and write a couple of unrelated Oikawa x Reader fluff.  If you're wondering what these extra chapters will be they will be significant momments like graduation, school dances, him meeting your parents, etc.  These chapters will have nothing to do with the plot there just cute and fluffy one-shots of you and Oikawa being cute,

INSPIRATION FOR DREAM ON FIRE

There were three MAIN inspirations for Dream on Fire. One being a dream I had and the second being a one-shot I could write. 

The dream I had inspired chapter 31 - unrequited. If you really want to know this was what my original dream wasn't about Oikawa it was about Tsukishima. To keep it simple, Tsukishima was walking me home and he confessed his love for me. I was to scared to tell Tsuki that I didn't love him back so I just told him I loved him and he finished walking me home. I guess we had snuck out of the house together because he was helping me sneak back into the house when he murdered me. (Weird dream I know o.o) 

The second inspiration I had was through tiktok imagines, kind of lame. Nothing else about this inspiration lets just move on. 

The third inspiration was a cute one-shot I could write about Reader and Oikawa. Oikawa was going to teach reader volleyball when Oikawa accidently hit reader and reader starts bleeding. Leading to this scene where oikawa takes care of reader. I know this scene was a chapter but originally this is the main idea for the story. 

ORGINAL PLOT AND ENDING FOR DREAM ON FIRE

To be honest the more I wrote this the more I realised this was going to be a slowburn. After a while of writing I realized I wouldn't be able to finish this story by the end of the summer like I had intended to. The end of the summer was like my "due date" for the ending of the book. I wanted to have Dream On Fire finished before then. 

The book was originally going to work on Oikawa's mental health before getting into a relationship with reader. Orginally the story was going to stretch out to when Oikawa doesn't go to Nationals. Reader would help Oikawa feel better and be there for him after this loss. 

Another thing is that reader wouldn't like Oikawa right away, it was going to go from friends to lover. Also, Oikawa wasn't going to fall for reader right away. Oikawa wasn't going to have feelings for reader when reader started to develop a crush on oikawa. Oikawa would know about about readers crush but not say anything. After a while of reader having feelings for Oikawa, Oikawa would start to catch feelings for reader. 

To be honest this story never really had a clear plot it was just series of cute momments between reader and oikawa if you hadn't figured this out all ready. (I swear my next story will be 10x more organized). 

I JUST REALIZED I NEVER TALKED ABOUT ZANE AGAIN SO HERE'S A TRIBUTE TO THAT

If you don't remember Zane was Readers childhood bully. Zane stopped calling reader names because he was threanted by Oikawa and Iwaizumi, he also was sick of harrasing reader because it was tiring. 

Another thing I thought I would put here is in one of the first chapters that reader is almost choked out in the back of the school while refilling a waterbottle at volleyball practice. I never introduced or confirmed who that girl was. That girl was actually Akira, she felt threatened by reader all ready. (Akira also had trauma that I never got to mention in the story, I never got to mention it because this was cut short.) 

MY NEXT STORY

My next story will probably be a terushima x reader but it's note decided. I'll be taking a short hiatus until September. I can't tell you when in September I'll be back (since I have school now) but you can count on me to start writing another story at the beginning of October, the due date being January 1, 2021. 

 ESTIMATED STARTING DATE: October 1, 2020 

ESTINAMTED ENDING DATE: January 1, 2021 

THANK YOU FOR READING! A MESSAGE TO THOSE WHO READ THIS FAR: 

Thank you for reading this, my readers inspired me so much. I also apologize that this is basically a 1000 word authors note. this was so long because I had ALOT to say here. I had been waiting to say most of this till now. 

I would like to thank you for reading this! It matters so much to me, thank you for being here, for reading this far. 

I had to save a lot of what I was going to say till now, because most of it wasn't relevant until the end of the story. Again I would like to say thank you. 

and as always, this chapter (technically a authors note) is unedited :) 

see you next time :)