chapter 12 - strawberry milk

A/N  - I tried to be aesthetic did it work? haha

TW BULLYING TW

A week had passed and the school had failed to track down the student that choked you that evening. You still remember vaguely sitting in the principals office, describing your side of the story. You also wished that you had never told anyone, to begin with. It would've made your life ten times easier. 

You sighed, you were getting nothing done by sitting here. You put down your pen and closed your notebook, maybe you should take a break. You were studying for your upcoming test and you were stressed out of your mind. Who gives a test on the second week of school? You wrapped a scarf around your neck, you still had a bruise there. 

You called out to your Mothers, "Mom I'm going for a walk." 

Your mothers rushed downstairs in a panic, "Are you sure? Do you want to take Sora with you?" 

"No, I'll be fine I promise." You hugged your mothers and you slipped out the door. 

The sky was pink and orange as the sunset over the hills. You pushed around in your pocket, you actually had some money today. You told your mothers you would be fine but in reality, you weren't sure. Your eyes darted around every other minute, but you were alone. A cold breeze washed over you.

You entered the convenient store, you actually smiled at the man behind the counter this time. You looked around, distracted by the thought of volleyball practice. You mindlessly picked up some strawberry milk. You paid and left shortly, ever since you started managing the volleyball team you had a new admiration for volleyball.  

You wished you could play but you were in high school now and nobody wanted some nobody to join there team. You sighed disappointed, why did you have to start volleyball now? You sipped your milk and stopped to admire the sunset.  You would watch the sun actually set but your anxiety tugged at your brain pleading for you to go home before you were attacked again.

flashback

It was opening night, of the school play you were only painting sets but it felt good to be apart of something none the less. You squirmed in your set, you were getting antsy. The play stopped and they called out intermission. You sighed in relief and got up to walk around the playground. The sun had just set behind the hills so now you were surrounded by the night. Little did you know you were followed outside. 

You felt someone grab your wrist and turn you around, you were pushed to the ground and choked. You could feel the woodchips press against the back of your head. The blonde kid choking you were saying something about you but you weren't paying attention. 

flashback end 

You put your arm to your scarf and started to tear up, how did you forget about that? You tried to push back tears but your curiosity wondered what else happened that night

flashback 

You put your feet up and kicked your attacker in the stomach. The blonde kid fell back and you got up hurriedly and kicked him in the stomach a few times for good measure. You were sure to run away, wiping tears from your eyes and wood chips from your clothes. 

The next day rumors had started, you weren't sure how you could only suspect the blonde kid. There were mixed versions of the story so you couldn't exactly know what people were saying about you, all you could know is that people thought you were a monster. 

flashback end. 

You had stopped to sit down, while you were crying you remembered something, this is where you first met Oikawa. You laughed slightly through your tears, remembering the goofy things he did. You opened his contact, tempted to call him, maybe he could distract you. You needed a friend right now but you didn't want to bother him. 

You shook your head, Oikawa didn't like it when you thought like that. You typed in his number but you stopped, but Oikawa isn't my dad he can't tell me what to do. I was right, I didn't want to bother him. You almost broke into tears again so you picked the phone and quickly dialed the rest of his number. 

As soon as you heard the first ring regret soon filled you, consumed your being. You sink to the ground, after a few rings you got sent to voicemail. Great, now he's going to have to call you back and ask why you called him. You curled up into a ball until you heard a voice. "Takeru! Who was that? Why didn't you answer the call?" 

"I don't know, I'm playing angry birds and I had to wait until it ended to keep playing."

"Takeru-" the voice kept going but you couldn't help but wonder who Takeru was. 

"Takeru?" You whispered to yourself.

You heard a voice scream, it sounded like the kid who was playing angry birds, "Ah! Uncle help! It's a creep!" he said pointing to you. 

You looked up, it was Oikawa and his nephew, Takeru. If your face wasn't already red from crying it was now. "O-oikawa?" you asked confused, "Why are you here?" 

Oikawa quickly wiped away his shock, "I help my nephew Takeru with volleyball." You nodded and soon night came and the world went dark, "Are you okay?" 

"Ya, I'm fine. I'll just go home now." You sluggishly picked yourself up and walked away and quickly as you could. You sighed as you made it out of earshot, "Why do I have to be so awkward?" 

You finished your strawberry milk and walked inside before anyone could look at your face. You made sure to clean up quickly.

A/N 

sorry if this is moving to slowly for you but something will happen soon I swear.