chapter 20

AUTHORS NOTE 

i'm so sorry i didn't post yesterday :( 

I was taking a mental health day and I'm still kind of on a break but I wanted to write something so it might be short. 

You stared at your bedroom ceiling, you felt empty. You didn't know what to do with yourself. You looked at your guitar and got up, you picked up and mindlessly tried to play you're favorite song by ear. You weren't very good at it. 

It had been an exhausting day and you really needed some time to yourself. It was like you felt so many emotions that day you were exhausted. You put down your guitar and curled back up on the floor again. You got up slipping your shoes on and tying up your hair. 

You left without telling anyone, you were planning to going to the convenience store. You never realized how exhausted school was. You stared up at the sky, it was a starry night and the moon was full. You wondered if the stars would be more visible if it weren't for light pollution. You turned into the convenience store feeling around for the money in your pocket while looking for something to eat. 

You looked at a paestry wrapped neatly in plastic. You sighed, that would be horrible for me. You looked at your change, but it would taste so good. You heard a familiar voice, it was Takeru and Oikawa. Why were they here? Oh right, it was Monday he was probably coming back from his nephews volleyball practice. You would've said hi but you were to tired. Would it be impolite to not say hi? You would just pretend to not see him until he confronted you. 

You still debated buying the paestry, in the end you turned away and picked up a juice box. You took it to the counter to pay. The cashier was smoking and it made you want to go into a coughing fit. You went outside and you didn't make it very far before you heard Oikawa calling your name. 

You turned around, "Hey, I didn't see you in there, I must've missed you." 

"Ya, I was a bit to busy with Takeru to start a conversation." 

"I guess we were both busy." You forced a laugh. 

"Oh-" He pulled something out of his bag, "I got this for you." 

He pulled out the paestry you were looking and your mouth fell open in shock, you quickly pulled yourself together. "W-why? I-I don't want to waste your money, are you sure?" You felt horrible that he spent money on you. 

"I noticed you looking at you, you were practically drooling over it. Also, I'm not wasting money on you, yes I'm sure!" said Oikawa light-heartedly. 

You wiped the non-existent drool from your chin, "If you say so, you said taking the paestry from him." You looked from your juice box to Takeru, he just came back from practice he must be tired and hungry. You also felt horrible you didn't have a gift to give him back. You handed him the juice box, "Do you want this? You must be exhausted from practice." 

"Can I really?" said Takeru lighting up. You looked at his face, he looked adorable when he was happy. 

You looked to Oikawa, you didn't want to feed him something that his family didn't want him to eat, "Can he?" you asked. 

"Ya, but you don't have to if you don't want to." 

"I want to." You said giving Takeru the juice box. 

"Thank you!" said Takeru excitedly drinking from the juice box. You smiled, seeing him so happy over something as small as a juice box made you immensely happy. Seeing him happy was everything. You came to a realization, 

"I'm so sorry! Am I holding you guys up? You should get going, you don't want to be cold." You took off you're sweater and put it around his shoulders. He was sipping his juice box but he put his sweater on mindlessly when he finished. 

"He can't take this, what about you?" 

"I live near here, just give it back to me at school tomorrow." 

He nodded. "See you tomorrow." 

*unedited chapter*