Chapter 25

"You what? Why do I have to join your coven?" I ask, incredulous.

'We can't join him, not after attacking your old pack'

'We can easily join him, Aurora, what has this pack done for us?'

"Guys, not now, we will talk about everything later."

"You are not going to take my child away from me Julian."

"Won't this be the best plan though? Ashley, you really don't want to leave your school friends, nor your adoptive parents, do you?" I couldn't say no.

'Of course you can't, especially after learning that Ali can change. You don't want her to leave.'

"Well, I believe that because my coven is closest to your home. Besides, I want to get to know you. You're my niece and I never gave up searching for you."

"Neither did we. We searched for her everyday of the last 16 years. She is going to be coming home to us. To be with her family."

"So, my choices at this point are being forced to join Julian to save a pack I have no care for, or join my family because they don't want me to join Julian, doesn't seem like I have many choices does it. But it also seems that no one cares for my choices."

"If anyone really had a choice here, Ash, do you think anyone would've chosen this? Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice for the greater good." Julian says dismissively.

"For the greater good? You want me to join you pack only so that you stop attacking them? When you had the choice to actually attack them. You have the choice on whether to call off. Like you have for now. I don't want to know what your greater good is."

"It's not a pack. It's a coven."

"Oh boo hoo. I got the title wrong, you gonna fight me now? How about you just stop attacking them? Maybe try and negotiate a treaty. Not everything is won through violence."

"Does that mean you're going to come with us?" Justine asks quietly.

"Honestly, I don't know. I don't know what I am going to do."

"Not everything is won through violence? Try for a treaty? What do you think we have been doing for years? Years, Ashley. But I thought you should know about the anger and violence that they have, how they only care for themselves. How they attack innocents when it doesn't go their way. You better decide by tomorrow. Because after that, I'm going to make sure there is nothing left of this pack." He pauses, "I guess that will make your choice easier won't it?"

"No, actually, it won't make my choice easier. You are taking my options away so that I don't have a choice."

"You got a day." He says, storming out of the room.

"What choice, Ash?" Kian asks, looking confused, "Why would destroying them make your choice easier."

"Firstly, I said it won't make it easier, secondly, it was about my mates."

"Mates? Plural?" Justine and Kian ask.

"Yes, mates. Dylan, from the pack and Erik, from the coven."

"Dylan is your mate? When were you going to tell us? When was he going to tell us?" The female beta asks.

"How about I don't care?" I reply, before turning back to my family. "While I was 'knocked out' as they call it, I spoke to the Moon Goddess and the vampire god and goddess. Camzotz and Tlaltecuhtli. Quite nice, I might add. But they had expected you Kian, only you. So you have one mate. I was the unplanned child, so when Reyna and Aurora both became part of me, they already both had their mates. Aurora has Dylan, who was chosen by the Fates, while Reyna has Erik, who chose each other before joining a person."