Chapter 3

The eerie silence was unnerving, as was the snow contrasting against the dark of night. It was snowing. It never snowed here. Although, the girl doesn't know where she is. She is surrounded by snow covered trees. It was unfamiliar. She spins around frantically. She doesn't know who she is. She hears a low rumble. The sound travelling through the trees, knocking some snow off the lower branches. Running to the tree was hard. Never having ran in snow before, she tripped and stumbled her way over. Suddenly, she was climbing the tree. Not knowing how she got up, but grateful that she did. Looking over her shoulder to where she thought she hear the noise. Was a pair of glowing crimson eyes. They were scary. The only source of colour in this otherwise black and white surrounds. The girl couldn't take her eyes from them. Not realising the growl didn't come from there. Not noticing how the crimson eyes were flicking back to the darkness behind her. Seeing through the dark to a pair of poison green eyes. The eyes attached to a reddish brown coloured wolf. The wolf that was slowly padding up behind her. She doesn't realise. Not until the soft nose bumps into her. Muffling her shriek, she looks down, not realising how large these animals were. They were bigger than normal wolves. And she now knew why. They were werewolves. Like her. The crimson eyed wolf walked up to her. The girl began to panic. The two wolves crept closer and closer. Not being able to stand it anymore the girl closes her eyes.

I sat up straight, not comprehending where I was. Not the fact that I was sitting under a tree, I did that back home. But the fact that there are many other trees surrounding me. It took me a moment to realise why. The grogginess I had just gotten rid of came right back as my eyes watered.

I left them.

I still couldn't believe what happened. I was a werewolf.

'You are. And you had to do it.'

Aurora is still comforting me. The whole entire time as I walked here, I was wanting to go back. But she stopped me. She knew me when even I didn't.

'Of course I do. I'm inside your head' I had to laugh at that. I pick up my drink bottle and sip the water.

"How do we find a pack?" I ask aloud. I started to give up talking in my head, I mean, I'm in a forest with no other human around. I began rummaging through my bag. Finding a packet of chips I open them and begin eating. Not healthy but hey, who cares? I'm going to burn it off with all of the walking I'm about to do.

'You keep walking, I'll tell you when we reach a border. Although, they might not like us.'

"Why wouldn't they like us?"

'Well, we are technically rogues, no pack likes rogues. We will also be trespassing on their territory.'

I frown at that. Do I want a pack if that's how that act?

'Of course you do. They will teach us, I know a lot but not enough.'

"How do you know that much?"

'Well, before we are given to a person, we have training. I know this sounds weird, but we spend time with the Moon Goddess. She teaches us what we need to know and nothing more.'

"The Moon Goddess? I have never heard of her."

'I'm not surprised. Not human has, only werewolves.'

"Okay, where do we go?"

'Um, north?'

"What way is that?" I ask, I was never good with directions.

'Oh. How about straight ahead?'

Shaking my head, I take off. Munching on my chips as I go.