Chapter 6

Walking through the forest I had realised how far Hazel and I ran. Sometimes I forget how fast I am when Reyna is in control. The feeling of wind whipping past my face was amazing. I didn't even have to worry about hitting a tree, it was natural to dodge while at that speed.

'Of course you forget. You don't even know how fast I can go yet.' She says and I can hear the smugness in her voice.

"Hey, can you give me a minute, I should change back before people see."

"You should be able to do it while moving by now." He replies monotone.

"Yet I can't." So I stop. He doesn't even realise that I have stopped before I felt my fangs retract and my hair grow back. It was barely even a twinge anymore. The man kept walking without even glancing back at me. I felt instantly comfortable in the clothes that I picked out earlier not the tight jeans and singlet.

I begin to walk again and I take the time to study him I notice that he is one of Dylan's mates. As in friend. God this is going to be hard, everyone is mates with me but not really. And your true mate gets offended when that is said.

'Maybe you should do that more...'

"Why would I do that more, Aurora, he has made it clear he doesn't want me."

"Why are you so slow?" He calls out, jerking me out of my thoughts, finally looking back at me. I hadn't even realised that he had walked out of the trees and that he had managed to make it to the edge of the porch while I'm only at the tree line.

'Come on, lets show him fast.'

I let Reyna take over and before I knew it the wind was whipping my hair behind my face and I reached the porch before the man could even turn around.

"Am I slow?" I ask strutting past him into the house. I don't bother waiting for him as I know my way to his office.

I began walking up through the house thinking about what he could be asking for me for. I mean maybe Dylan was able to convince him to kick me out. Other than that, why else would he be calling me up for?

I walk up to the door and knock. I hear his voice welcome me into the room. I took a seat on the other side of the great oak desk. Settling into the large comfy armchair he wastes no time for chit chat. Well, not much.

"Where did Bronx go?" He asks.

"I left him behind after he called me slow." I said shrugging.

"He is one to underestimate everyone he comes across." Alpha Duncan replies. "Okay, so do you know why I called you into here?"

"Could it be," I gasp dramatically, "that Dylan doesn't want me here?"

"He believes that you are a danger to the pack."

"Do you?"

"Honestly? I don't know. But the fact that you aren't truly part of the pack means I can't take your word for it."

"He says I'm a danger, I haven't put anyone in danger unless you count the rabbits. He only wants me out of the pack since he doesn't want me." That causes pain in my chest, but I don't know why.

'It's because he is our mate.'

I groan.

"What is it? Why would he not want you?" He asks confused.

"Oh, he's my mate but he, not formally, rejected me and now my wolf is constantly whining about him and I don't see the big fuss. I also feel pain whenever I say that he doesn't want me or that I don't care and I don't know why. It's really annoying." I say.