Chapter 8

Pain blossoms throughout my back. Sharp and stabbing. It feels like something is trying to get out of my back. I muffle a scream into my pillow. I thought shifting into a wolf was painful. This was bad. I felt something move under my skin. Like it was begging to be released.

I thought maybe Reyna had bat wings and didn't want to tell me about it.

'I told you there was more to come.'

"YOU"RE A FUCKING BAT?"

'Oh hell no. Vampires don't turn into bats. Well not the weak ones. I'm not the strongest since I am here with Aurora, Emerald and Kyra.'

"What is happening and who is Emerald and Kyra?" I groan.

'Shit, Emerald is shifting now and Kyra, you will find out soon enough.' Reyna says before fading.

A new voice entered my head, soft and melodious. A voice that sings.

'I'm sorry for the pain. It won't last too long. And they will look stunning.'

"What is happening?" I whimper. The pain was moving up and down my back. Getting worse with every passing moment. The feeling of something moving under my skin had not faded either, only grown.

Right when I thought that it could not get anything worse, I felt my skin ripping. The thing that was moving under my skin was now racing to move out. I felt the slits of skin peel open and sting when touched by the air now flowing over my shoulders. They begin become painless as a new feeling went through me. Something was touching my back so softly it couldn't be my shirt.

The feeling was amazing. Like there was a cloud shifting under my skin and had now burst through my back and was making feel amazing.

'I'm Emerald. You had another shift. I'm one of the fair folk. Usually we are full blooded and don't need to shift. But your grandmother fell in love with a non faerie and their child was a half faerie and had to shift to become one. Like you now. Be careful who you show me too. I can never lie and it will bring trouble.'

I sigh, just when I thought it had calmed down.

'Check the mirror now.'

I stood up feeling a little bit winded. I walked over slowly to the mirror feeling the breeze on my shoulders that were now bare. I usually slept in a baggy shirt.

I gasp as I step into the bathroom. The mirror that faces the door showed me wearing a tight light green sleeveless lace corset with a deep V back, a skirt that reaches my knees but flowed out in separate sections overflowing each other with different shades of green and the occasional yellow.

I had extremely light green hair that came in curled waves to just above the edge of the skirt. My eyes were now a vibrant green. Like Dylan's when he was a wolf.

I look like a faerie.

'You are a faerie.' The soft melodious voice said into my head. I shake my head, Reyna said there would be more to come but I didn't believe her.

'Believe her, I'm not the last.'

"So you're telling me that my parents, the two that abandoned me, were half wolf and faerie or half vampire and what? Or do I have that mixed up?"

'No you have it pretty much accurate. When Duncan was talking to you about the hybrids he forgot to mention that he knew what their other halves were, he wanted you to assume you would be a werewolf and vampire.'