Chapter 22

I shouldn't be seeing this much light for so early in the morning. Come to think it I should also not be lying on the ground in a patch of grass. Groaning I closed my eyes.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the place where everyone is the safest. I never thought that I'd actually be back here."

"What do you mean, Emerald?'

"Look up Ashley, look at your surroundings."

At that I looked up from my position and saw that we were in a garden, one that would have made Natalie jealous, it had all of the flowers she wished she could grow. Only she never had a green thumb.

The colours were something out of avatar, they were all vibrant and crystal clear, I just sat there in wonder. That was when I saw the four figures standing in front of me, l could see the colouring of Aurora's fur, Ali couldn't describe the fresh fallen snow colour of her midsection and the sparkling glimpses of gold throughout the entire coat with the solid patches standing proud at her ears. The flashes I could only see as she shifted under my gaze.

The glow that faintly shimmers around Emerald's wings as she stands in the sunlight, the apple green of her hair that falls to her knees in spiralling waves. The face that looks like mine was eerie. Having emerald green eyes to match her name slightly freaked me out when l would usually see an amber yellow colour. But looking at Reyna was one of the most disconcerting

I could imagine how the piercing blood red gaze would look for anyone, but it could never compare to the real thing. Matched with the glimpse of fangs as she grins would scare any human away. And, she had my face.

And Kaia, the one that no one has seen, she looked just like me, except, instead of the amber yellow eyes, she had a bright light blue pair that looked like the sky in the middle of the day

"How am I seeing you? Where are we? How is this the safest place?" I groaned while raising to a sitting position.

"This is the place of the Gods. Where We all came from before connecting to you" Emerald explained, seemingly distracted. She was standing there fiddling with a strand of hair and not looking any of us in the eye.

"This was our home. This place is split into factions for each kind. Currently We are in farrier, Emeralds home. No human is supposed to ever see this place. It is our sanctuary Where we live before joining and again when our human dies" Kaia says, wonder in her voice. "It's been 20 years since any of us were here."

"20 years isn't long for a vampire. Just wait until you're 70 and expecting to come back." Reyna supplies unhelpfully.

"We all had training and expected to be here indefinitely because of you. None of us actually expected to be back this soon."

I just sat there and watched as the entities that lived inside of me argued. I never thought I'd see them in person.

"Hey shh, shut up, they're coming." Emerald commands.

"Ominous." Aurora muttered earning a glare from Emerald.

"Yes, you all are only here because we called you here. There are things that none of you know and you should. Ashley, it's nice to Meet you." A soft lyrical voice said from behind me. I scrambled to a standing position and turned to face the source of the noise.

A woman with pale hair that glows under the sun stood behind me, her eyes constantly shifting colours, going from a bright violet to forest green in a matter of seconds. She stood only a little taller than me and her posture was of a person in royalty. Next to her stood a young man that resembled batman, he had the pointy ears but his eyes were a rusty red and he had actual wings folded neatly behind his back. I could see the leathery texture of the wings and that they would take up much more space once unfurled. Beside him was another woman, one with vibrant curly red hair just brushing her shoulders with eyes that look like the sky on a clear day. She had clawed hands and she was grinning revealing the glint of fangs in her mouth.

"Hi, uh, may I ask who you are?" I reply.

"Of course, I'm the Moon Goddess." The one with the pale hair says, "that is Camzotz," while gesturing towards the batman like figure, "and that is Tlaltecuhtli." Gesturing towards the red-haired female.

I turn to the entities that are usually part of me and they all have the same stunned look on their faces.

"Oh, I'm honoured to be here then." I say unsure about what to actually do. Do I bow? Or curtsy? But I'm not wearing a skirt.

"Please, don't use any formalities, all we are, are people who take care of our own. We only want to talk." Camzotz says. "Please, take a seat." He waved his hand and suddenly there were seats for everyone to sit at.

"Now, we just want to talk to you about your current issues. As Kaia said, no human should be allowed to enter but we all agreed that it was time. As you know you have been given two mates, Dylan and Erik. This was because no one expected the twins. We had always planned and prepared Kian because the fates had told us there would be a male of four types." Tlaltecuhtli began.

"Wait, the fates, as in the Greek mythology fates?" I cut, this would be Ali's dream come true.

"No, not the Greek fates. Just the fates. Anyway, because of that we had chosen the four to be prepared and to have the single mate. This was always expected. Unbeknownst to us the embryo split and therefore created identical twins and therefore, two mates for the additional child. We were not prepared for that but we had to make do." Camzots continued.

"Wait, so you're saying the person we chose was a child of the fates, yet not really?" Emerald asks. I knew that the Faeries only live without a higher power.

"Yes we are. But we have the feeling that the fates knew but never decided to tell us as a test of our own strength."

"So the fates are higher up than you?" I ask.

"Technically yes, they are there to choose our successor in years to come and to inform us of the future when an extreme event is to occur. Otherwise no one really knows about them. In that aspect we are higher." Tlaltecuhtli responded.

"However, what we think about why they didn't inform us about the you, if irrelevant. What we are to discuss is Erik and Dylan. Because of this," the Moon Goddess paused, searching for a word, "misfortune, all three of you have a second mate. Erik and Dylan don't know this because until you have made your choice their other possible mate won't find him. This is not to put any pressure onto yourself, but we implore you to make the right choice. It will make a difference in the future."

"So you're saying that Dylan does have another mate somewhere, but she won't know that Dylan is her mate until Ash has chosen?" Aurora asked, I could tell that even though she has told me she was over Dylan she wanted him, their wolves called for each other.

The three deities nodded.

"I believe it is time." Tlaltecuhtli says out of the blue.

I don't believe that, we have to wait until they are both present." Camzotz replies. I tilt my head, obviously they know more than they are letting on.

"Time for what?" I ask.

Tlaltecuhtli glares at Camzotz while the Moon Goddess is sighing.

"Nothing to worry you, they just have arguments like this. However it is time that you re-join the people in your world."  

So, different than usual, same length, I was actually trying for a shorter one as she was dreaming but that obviously didn't work out.  I'm always apologizing for this, but the wait, I'm sorry. 

Thx for Reading!!