Chapter 20

Walking back through the woods was weird. It's didn't feel as welcoming as it did before. Like I had injured it in some way and I am now experiencing the effects.
It was also so much faster than the way that I went originally. All they did was walk in a straight line and they were at the pack in 2 hours.

But what await was horrifying. The once beautiful pack house, standing proud among a clearing, was scarred. It had been torched. Burnt patches marring the pearly white surfaces. The windows had been shattered, all of them. The door was knocked off its hinges and I could see some flames dancing within.

Why would my uncle care about this? Yes they mistreated me, but did they deserve this?

My god, my emotions are changing like a whirlwind.

'We aren't helping, I want you to help, this was the first pack to help us.' Aurora tells me.

'And I want you to watch it burn. We both do.' Reyna says and Emerald agrees.

'And I don't care whatsoever. They're wolves, petty little things. Not you of course Aurora. But they also need to live. If this pack dies, the area will be overcome with vampires and they would destroy the area. They wouldn't be used to this much space and wildlife.'

"Come on, we need to help. Julian has called a ceasefire to talk to you." Dylan says starting to hurry me.

"Julian?"

"Your uncle. The one leading all of this."

"Okay, lead the way." I say as he was leading the way.

'I know you think I'm over him, but his wolf, Arrow, is apologising and doesn't want us to leave.'

"Aurora, I feel you, I really do, he's being real nice at the moment. But now is not the time."

We make our way to the back of the clearing, where all of the houses are.

I use the term 'clearing' lightly. It's really not small, just surrounding by woods so I feel like it would be a clearing.

"He's in the Hawkins house." I just stare at him. He doesn't even realise, just stopped walking and was waiting for me to go ahead.

"Uh, what house is that?"

"Oh shit, the one with the green blinds at the front windows."

"Cheers" I call over my shoulder as I walk away.

I don't know if I should knock on the door or just enter. Would it be weird to do either?

'Oh just walk in, he said they were expecting you.'

"That is a fair point"

So I just walk straight into the house, right in the middle of an intense conversation. Alpha Duncan and Ashton and Dylan were there, Julian and Erik were there and those I assume to be the in authority also. The wolves on one side, the vampires on the other.

'Stand with the wolves.'

'Stand with the vampires.'

"Guys, shut up."

'I think you should stand in between. Show no allegiance to either side.'

"Thank you Kaia, that is what you should be doing. Helping, not hindering."

"Sorry, did I interrupt anything?"

"No, not at all. Please, take a seat." Alpha Duncan says, gesturing towards the seat near him.