Chapter 12

"So you're telling me that you ran away. For no reason?" Amber asks. She was asking me questions about everything, her voice getting louder after each question. I wasn't used to this amount of noise, and her yelling is doing nothing to help me adjust.

"Pretty much. Wanted a change?" I say raising my voice as the sentence went on.

"I call bullshit. There's something you're not telling us. You were gone for weeks. You haven't changed except you eat a lot more and are now an athlete." Jade yells. She was never one to be quiet.

"That's all that happened. I ran." I never thought lying to them would be this hard. I didn't even have a plan. I was going to tell them the truth, but Kian told me not to tell anyone else.

I should've expected that. He was the person who you didn't say no to. It was infuriating. I want to know if this is how our parents are.

"You look no different. If you ran for weeks, like you did, you wouldn't get full meals. You would be a pile of skin and bones." Amber persists.

"Can we please just drop this? I'm not proud of what happened, and shit went down. I don't want to continuously talk about it." I tell them getting angry. Aurora was getting back to herself and can't control her emotions.

'Hey, I know how to control them.'

"Then why are you getting angry?"

She didn't bother responding.

'You know wolves are known to get angry.' Emerald says.

"It's so annoying."

'You'll have to deal.'

"And there she goes, lost in her own mind." Amber whines. I raise an eyebrow. I don't remember her being this whiny.

"Hey, give her a break. She just got back and doesn't wanna talk about it. She is clearly not in the right place now. You wouldn't know what happened." Ali barks. I smile at her. Even after telling her I don't want to talk about anything she understands.

"Jeez, just want to know."

"And she clearly doesn't want to tell." I roll my eyes. It's not that I don't want to tell. I can't. I want to tell them.

"Hey, Ash! Can I talk to you for a second?" A voice yells over the crowd. I cringe, the noises were getting worse and I was getting a migraine.

I look around to see who was calling and see Kian walking towards us. I grin at him.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Hey Kian." Amber giggles. I groan. She was such a flirt. I am not used to being around people like this. Hazel, Leo, Jasmine and Ashton were so different.

"Hi Amber, I gotta talk to Ash alone."

"Ash huh. Since when did you two know each other or even give her a nickname." Jade questions

"We just do, now shoo, gotta talk." He answers.

"Fine, seeya Ashley." Jade says.

"Yeah, seeya."

"How do you deal with the noise?" I ask the second they go. Ali stayed by my side.

"It's just practice, you have to deal."

"I'm getting a migraine though, and Amber and Jade aren't helping. God knows what Lilly is going to be like when she sees me here."

"Probably quiet. I haven't heard her speak since I got here." He responds.