Chapter 18

What is it with my luck to have the Beta child who was an absolute dick to be and a person in leadership of a goddamn vampire clan to be my mates. At least I get a choice.

The second that the bombshell left his and Reyna's mouth I just turned and walked away. I couldn't stand being in his sight for a moment longer. Both times I have found my mate I wasn't the one to realise.

Those moments were supposed to be the most important and special moments in our lives but I have either not known or been ignored.

No, that isn't me talking it's Reyna. She is influencing everything I do.

"How could you? You were supposed to tell me, no secrets remember?"

'He didn't react to me. I knew the second he walked into the room. I didn't want to bring it all back, how you didn't recognise, how you would walk away because I know how you felt in that moment. You would have killed him. I never thought that it was targeted towards myself as well. I swear to god I didn't know.'

"I didn't recognise because you chose to not tell me. You are supposed to be the one to tell me. I am human, I don't naturally feel that way. You should have told me. You should have told me that Erik was my mate. The second you knew, I should have also. That was not something for you to decide. This wasn't just your life. Its mine too. Mine, Aurora, Emerald, Kaia and yours. We decide this together."

'I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn't want him to hurt you even more because you knew.'

I was fuming. She didn't have the right to hold information from me. I can't, they are part of my mind. They know everything that I am thinking. And yet Reyna managed to hide it from me.

"You know, you shouldn't leave doors unlocked."

"Erik, what are you doing? Get out of my house."

"Please, let me explain. You've shut off your vampire half. You didn't let her explain either did you?"

"I'm done. Don't tell me what I have to do just leave me alone." I turn to walk out of the room but he grabs my hand stopping me in my tracks.

"Hmmm, why would I do that? You need to hear what the truth is."

"Not in the mood. I came home, what yesterday? To my family saying I was some sort of hybrid and I found my biological parents. I didn't remember any of this. I'm not sure I want to now. I was just a normal girl with a normal life, all this fantasy was left to Ali, not me. And now you're here telling me that it was that we are actually stronger than the rest of the population and can push through the barrier to become this. What you meant by that was that even if Tina and G were my parents I might not have been strong enough?"

"Kind of, but with direct power like your family line you would have changed anyway. There was always a chance I would turn though. My parents, one was human and the other vampire. I grew up with my human mother, my father never expected me to turn so he spent the first few years of my life with me and her, but he left, found his true mate."

"Why did they get together is they weren't ever going to spend their live together?"

"Why do people date? To see if it goes somewhere. Vampires show their half at a young age, their eyes flash a darker or brighter shade when seeing another vampire. But because they live a lot longer, they date around for a while. They don't have the same kind of chastity that the wolves do. Everyone understands that also."

This was all too much. I thought I understood the world that I was living in. But I didn't I barely knew half of it. Shaking my head I finally yank my hand out of his, he had refused to let go earlier, but let me go without question now.