Chapter 9

I was beginning to recognise my surroundings. That was the tree that Aurora scratched when we were leaving town. She wanted to make sure that we weren't going in circles.

"Reyna, where are you taking us?"

'Back home. They will give you a place to stay. Besides, Ashton lied about when you were ready to go back. You have even more control than he does now due to your other halves. We all seek attention but you are able to split it evenly so we don't break out into massive fights and make you go unconscious.'

'You are stronger because of us as well. We protect each other and will warn you of any incoming shifts.'

Reyna and Aurora say. Aurora was getting more confident with as the day went by. The distance that was being covered was helping her get over Dylan quicker.

'Before you know it I will be back.' She tells me. I smile. I missed her snarky remarks during a normal day. Although, that was when it was only us.

'It's better have more of us. We can keep you company. Help you not lose your mind.'

Emerald was always putting things into perspective. I was grateful. She was the logical thinking. Reyna was the fighter and Aurora was the one that helped me with witty remarks. The girls would be shocked when I see them again.

Wait, I'm going to see Ali again.

'Reyna and I are excited to meet her. And everyone you know.'

'I am too, I was only there for a brief time. And that was focused on the shift.'

I was used to hearing them bicker. They were right. It helped me not go insane. Although, everyone will think I'm insane.

I've changed so much. Ali would love all of this, but Lilly will look at me like you are lying. I can only tell Ali. I only trust her.

'I don't exactly know my way around the town. I was able to track where we were going as Aurora wasn't the best at hiding her tracks.'

'Hey, I was new and was trying to get out. The humans didn't notice. That's what was important.'

"Quit bickering, I gotta concentrate too."

'That's hard enough without us.' I roll my eyes at her. She's getting better the closer to home.

Home. I didn't think I would be back for a couple of months, let alone weeks.

The forest trees were becoming less and less claustrophobic. The trees spaced out further now. I could even see some buildings. Namely the school. Not excited to see that. Beyond the school was the shops. Would Natalie and John be looking for me? Will I see some missing persons flyers?

Or will they have accepted my note and let me move on.

I was excited to be walking out of the forest along the road. I still had some distance to cover before getting home. I walk past the school wondering what day I was. I haven't kept track at all. Although while with the pack they were able to teach me how to tell time from the sun. Reyna didn't like it too much. She doesn't exactly like the sun. Or light for that matter.

She retreated to the back of my mind once the school was in view.

'It's Wednesday and 2:30pm.'

"How did you know? I was watching the ground."

'It's one of their gifts. I know the exact date at all times. Connection to the earth helps.'