Chapter 2

Finally leaving the classroom, where I did not listen to a single thing that my teacher told me, was a relief. I was obsessing over that kid and what he knew about my biological parents. After I found out they didn't want me, I didn't want anything to do with them. I was still curious though, who were they? Why did they give me up? Who do I look like? Whose personality do I have? These questions have been plaguing me since I read that note.

They were all that was on my mind right up until I hear my name. I turn my head, but there was no one. I took my time leaving and now I am late to my class. I didn't want to go. I was confused and wanted to go home.

'Ashley!' I spin again, no one there.

Shaking my head, I blame it on my imagination.

'I'm not your imagination.' I hear. I look up and down the hall, Am I losing my mind?

'Of course not! Don't you know?'

"Know what?" I ask aloud. I feel stupid. Talking to myself at school.

'Oh, you don't know? Your parents haven't told you?' The voice says

"Natalie and John?"

'Are they you biological parents?'

"No. I'm" I pause lowering my voice to a whisper, "Adopted."

'This is a problem. I recommend getting out of here."

"Why? This is the first day of school I can't miss it."

'Your choice. But if you don't want to create havoc in this school I recommend leaving. You're going to shift.'

"Uhh, shift? Shift into what?"

'Into a wolf stupid. I'm your wolf. Aurora. Please tell me you at least want to keep your school safe.'

I shake my head still confused. A wolf?

'You heard me, now get out of here.'

At that I knew I was going crazy I mean, wolves? Werewolves? God I shouldn't have come to school.

Shaking my head, I continue walking. Until a bout of pain stops me. It felt like my legs were being inverted. The bones snapping to face another direction. I scream. The pain was too much. I fall to my knees sobbing. My books falling everywhere.

Then I remember what my wolf said. I turn to leave and get out of this school. I can't risk anyone here. Not Ali.

That thought gives me the strength to stand up again. I stand up, the pain momentarily forgotten as I run out of the hall. Leaving behind everything. I sprint out to the paddocks that led to my house, if I ever wanted to walk I went through there, but now I spare no time to look at my surroundings. The burning feeling of my bones breaking over and over again had kicked in.

I stumbled in a hole, I fall to my knees once again.

The pain was unbearable. I felt my vision tinging a dark colour. Slowly fading until there was nothing.

xX---Xx

Opening my eyes, peering through the groggy film, blinking that away, I see that I have perfect vision. I could see the far tree in my backyard that I fell off when I first came here. One of the first thing I realise was that I was naked. The second was that I was at my back door and that there was a slight metallic tang in my mouth. Looking around I wonder how I got here. Last thing I remember was walking home thinking I was crazy.