Chapter 24

After explaining to both Dylan and Erik, Erik actually told me the reason he came into the room. Yes he wanted to make sure I was okay, but Duncan was getting impatient. Apparently not being a pure wolf meant I didn't deserve any breaks.

"Try keeping me in the bed now." I say, glaring at Dylan.

'I can think of how he can keep you in the bed.'

"Aurora, not now, not helping."

'I'm not sorry. If you have to choose I want you to choose Dylan.'

'I still say Erik' Reyna states, Emerald agreeing.

'I don't see how any of this is relevant at the very moment.'

"Thank you Kaia, the voice of reason."

"Are they meeting in the same house as before?"

"Yeah, I'll walk with you, Julian is expecting me." Erik says.

"I'm coming also."

"Sorry, Dylan, this is for the leaders only." Erik says, not appearing sorry in the slightest.

"I'm sure Duncan will feel differently."

"Are you? How bout you ask him?"

"I don't need to. I'm the son of the Beta's and I deserve to be there."

"You see, that's where I said it's for the leaders, not the leader's children. You're the Beta's child. I'm the representative second in command."

"Dylan, just let it go. You can wait here and do whatever you were doing while I was sleeping." I try to diffuse the situation, Dylan was getting closer to Erik and beginning to get aggressive. Dylan was a little shorter than Erik and I had no question if they got into a fight they would both beat the shit out of the other. "Erik, let's go." I grab his wrist and begin to pull him out of the room.

When we had made it out of the house, Erik began questioning me.

"What was all that? About the gods and goddesses?"

Sighing, I answer, "It was just the reason I was 'knocked out'" I used my fingers for knocked out, I just fainted, "they confirmed what you told me a while back about anyone having the chance of turning, they just had to believe. Break the barrier. But I also learnt that the wolf aspect of me, and all werewolves, are fated. Aurora didn't choose me like Reyna, Kaia and Emerald did. They waited for the person who believed strongly, and they chose me."

"So, that means that Devin chose me." I look up at him, I was walking on the side that he didn't have a scar. Without it, he looked so young. A round face, like he hadn't even grown into himself yet. A baby face. I actually don't know how old he is. His dark hair falling to just below his ears, making me think of school, god so many kids there had ridiculous hairstyles.

"You done staring at me?" He asks, amused.

"No." I say, before asking, "How old are you?"

"I'm not much older than you."

"Well, that tells me a lot. I believed I was 17 for the past year, only to find out my birthday is no longer the 18th of April, but the 12th of January, let alone the year. I'm, wait, am I 20? Or 21?"

"You really don't know your own age?"

"It's been up in the air a lot. If my birth date is what I just said, I believe I should be 21, but if it isn't I'm 20. It's all just, I don't know. I have the maturity of a 17-year-old though, so I consider myself 17. Kind of. Knowing I'm older makes me feel different, it's hard to explain."