Chapter 26: Cyclops

Aelous Keller
7:30 AM - Wednesday
Magnum Academy

The cold shoulder from Skylar hits me so hard, it really made me feel more guilty for not hearing him out. He turned so cold, that it is really hard for us to approach him without shuddering in a cold dilemma.

We are currently sitting in our Science class with Skylar beside us, specifically me. That is when the teacher came in and immediately made an announcement.

"Good morning students, we will not be having any classes until next week for the preparation for the upcoming Grand Magic Festival. The schedule has been moved earlier this year. We will be evaluating all of you the week after next week to scout 7 students to represent Magnum Academy." Ms Shirley announced which really caught everyone's attention. The Grand Magic Festival is one of the hugest competitions held in Fiore.

This is to renounce the greatest academy of the year, fought between Magnum Academy, Tozar Academy, Graidelle Academy and Hexai Academy.

"Everyone will train for the evaluation, as well as the healers in the academy, to help in the medication of the players. And this year's host will be, Blood Moon Kingdom." She continued. The festival will be either be hosted by the different kingdoms, the kings and queens will definitely watch and spectate everything. Well except the Adamia Kingdom.

A girl raised her hand and asked, "Why is it that the festival will be held earlier this year?"

Ms. Shirley smiled and said, "The winners of the festival will be trained by the Magic Council and for those students to help them find the lost kingdom of Adamia," everyone started chattering and I saw Skylar from beside me with his eyes full of determination.

Many really wanted to help find the Adamia Kingdom, but there were some reasons why they can't help. 

First, it is hard to find; 

Second, it is dangerous. 

Many didn't dare to continue searching for the kingdom except for the other kingdoms and other powerful beings like the magic council.

"Remember, 7 will be chosen so please use your time wisely. Good luck." she then vanish and went somewhere.

Everyone stood up and I believe they immediately went to the the gymnasium to train. Me and my friends decided to go as well and that is we saw Skylar walking directly to the teachers' lounge.

"What is he going to do?" Seth asked.

"I don't know" Trisha answered.

We followed and stop in a corner, where we saw Skylar and Ms Cecil talking in a hallway, not far from the lounge. We didn't mean to eavesdrop, but still we did.

"I will participate in the evaluation mom" Skylar said and Ms Cecil replied, "You know what is going to happen right?"

"I know and I am willing." He stated

"Even if you wanted to, it will be hard for you to be able to hit one slot in the 7 representatives, because I know the royalties will be occupying it." Ms Cecil stated. Well, she is right.

"Mom, there is no assurance that all of them will have a slot, that is why we will go under evaluation." He said confidently.

Ms Cecil then sighed, then Skylar continued talking, "After all, only six of them are valid to participate since Ro will be in the infirmary because she is a healer."

"You really have thought this through haven't you?" Ms. Cecil uttered with a smile.

"I have and I know I can do it."