Chapter 35: Dura

Skylar Finn
Tuesday - 5:00 AM
Magnum Academy, Dormitory

I can't sleep, as well as my dormmates, Trisha and Ro. We are seated here on our living area. Rosanna kept on trying to summon her Dias, but her efforts are in vain. Lumina's voice still resonates in my head, he Diasen Realm is being invaded by the Crauxx Kingdom.

Trisha already reported it to the head master.

The atmosphere is kind of heavy. We just got our Diases, we did not even had the chance to fight along side them.

I'm really trying to hold myself from breaking down. There is this constricting pain on my throat. 

A knock on the door was heard, Trisha stood up and opens the door, revealing Dura. One of the member of the magic council. What is he doing here? I asked myself.

"Can we talk for a bit?" He asked, referring to me.

I stoop up and went to him as he leads me out of our dorm towards the corridor.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Skylar." I stated, I saw how he raised his left eyebrow, questioning my statement.

I felt a magic force below my feet, I saw a small brown magic circle.

"Aqua Talon." I swing my arms backwards, magic circle on my palms. Water pressure came out from it, pushing myself away from him, creating a 7 feet distance.

The small magic circle grew bigger. As I felt an energy surrounding me, I then realize we are both transported to the arena of the academy.

He threw his robe away as he said, "I don't know where you came from, coming out of no where with Cecil. Fight me."

As his eyes shine bright brown.

"Fighting a high level witch is a hard thing to do. And you manage to stand toe to toe with her, even though you are a student and have no royal blood in you." He stated. That is why he wanted to fight, he wants to test me.

This is a good opportunity for me to learn the behavior of the element earth.

"Earth Wave!" He chanted, as the ground starts shaking, then follows the pattern of a wave.

As a wave approaches me, I kicked it forcing to go up in the air.

"Water Tentacle!" I forced my body to turn, swaying the tentacles attacked to my arms. Aiming it towards him.

He easily dodged my attacks, one tentacle after the other.

As I stood on the ground, I continued to attack him with my tentacles.

"Earth Pillar." He calmly said as pillars of earth rises from the ground. Blocking my tentacles, not allowing me to reach him.

"Aqua Spear!"

A magic circle appeared on top of me. Loading plenty enough of water to form a spear.

 Loading plenty enough of water to form a spear