Chapter 52: Karma

3rd Person's POV
Wednesday - 1:30 PM
Blood Moon Kingdom, Arena

"Please choose one representative from your line up for the next event. Instructions and rules are to be announced after selecting. Remember, you cannot send the same player who had participated in the previous events." The master of ceremonies stated.

The royalties and Skylar had thought through regarding who should they send next.

Rei steps forward as the representative of the Magnum Academy. Since Rei is a well balanced wizard, being a royalty is also a factor, making him a reliable ally.

"Why do they need to send different players?" To asked to herself, but was heard by Cecil.

"To test if the team is balance. It is not just strength that makes a team strong, but a team who is balanced makes a decent run for the festival." Cecil explained.

"They are testing the composition of each team to decide what to adjust the next days to come to celebrate the festival." She continued explaining.

The anxiety he felt from the start is long gone. He is willing to give all he have to win.

That is when he felt someone hold his hand.

"Zach?" He asked.

"I love you." Zachary stated out of nowhere, causing Skylar to turn beet red.

"Aren't you gonna say it back?" Zachary asked. Skylar is nervous and kind of embarrassed. He is still not use to it, since their relationship is kind of new.

"I love you too." He shyly replied as he tightens his grip against Zachary, to let Zachary know that he is actually happy that someone is making him feel this way.

"The next event is a speed. The first one to cross the main gate of the kingdom wins. No use of teleportation and you can attack your opponents." Since there are only three of them competing, chances of battle rising is higher, since the risk of gaining 0 points is higher compared to before.

Rei just clicked his tongue. He is really feeling the pressure since their scores dropped to zero. The effort they should put in must be doubled or even tripled if they need to take a good head start for the festival.

"Ready?" The representatives nodded.

"Begin!" The three then started making their way out of the arena towards the main entrance of the kingdom. The kingdom is surrounded by high walls, and there is only way to enter the Blood Moon Kingdom

Rei used his wings and flew upwards.

The representative from Tozar Academy used lightning magic, his feet started emitting lightning volts, making him able to move faster.

The last one, from Hexai Academy casted a ability booster on himself, allowing himself to run faster.

As they are out in sight, loud explosions were heard.

The three are currently attacking each other.

"You can send another representative to attack the other teams in the race." The master of ceremony stated.

Seth immediately ran using his attributes as a wolf.

The Tozar Academy sent a boy with with shades as he ran towards where the others are.

The Hexai Academy sent a girl, summoning a broom. She is a half witch.

Rei is having a hard time dodging the attacks, it seems like the other academies are teaming up on him. After all, if they were to defeat someone with a royal blood, it would make them more confident and feel able.