Part 55

I took the key to my house which was laying under a stone, and unlocked the door. No one was home. I looked at the calendar and clock that was hanging in the hall.

Monday 10 am. My parents were at work. I walked up to my room. It was just like I left it. I sat down by my desk and took out the book 1A had given me. I giggled quietly by the pictures and messages that the book was filled with.

I had sat for a good hour looking in the book, before I closed it, walked over to my closet. I removed two loose planks in the back. It was a secret room, I only had my most precious and secret things there. And since no one was allowed to know about UA, 1A, quirks or any of that, I had to keep it secret.

I sat down by my desk again and began to draw. I had just gotten an idea. I couldn’t tell people that UA existed, because they didn’t. At least not in this world. But I wanted people to know about them. I wanted to tell their story. I wanted people to know them. I wanted to remember them.
I heard the door open.

“We are home!” I heard my mom's voice, before she began to cry. “Habits are strong. I know she is not here, but I still say it, like she is gonna respond.”

“I haven’t done the dishes,” I yelled. It was normally the first thing I did, when I came home from school.

I heard a tumble, it sounded like someone running up the stairs. It was my mom and dad.

They ran to my room, and froze at the door.

“Hey,” I said. It wasn’t that I hadn’t missed them. They were good parents, but busy too. I guess because their daughter was gone, they was allowed to leave work early. Normally they would come home at 5-6 pm.

“HONEYY!” My mom cried.

I was taken to the police station, and had to answer the normal questions: ‘where have you been?’ ‘Are you okay?’ ‘Were you kidnapped?’ All that. Of Couse I couldn’t answer most of them, because people would think I was crazy.
-
Back home