checking the time she sighs. straightening out her robes, flattening her hair, and wiping her cheeks before walking out of the bathroom, down to the dungeons. 

sitting in the cold room, reading books, although her vision is getting blurry. 

she wasn't sure if it was tears or the need for sleep.

although her eyes were on the words, she only skimmed, feeling her head being weighed down slowly. 

as a chill shot down her spine, she again is no longer in Hogwarts

its Christmas. 

she's nine. 

she stands at the top of the staircase

there's screaming in the living room

tears soak her cheek, her mouth opens, but no sound dares escape her throat. 

he found out 

she had always known, her mother never had to tell her, even if Athena didn't fully understand. 

her mother used to tell her stories of her Father when they met, he hadn't always been so bad she would joke, although neither of them would laugh. 

she would recount how there were some things they couldn't tell him, and that's just how life was. 

you lie to people you love, you keep secrets, because sometimes some people you love are evil. and thats how love works. 

Little Athena never understood how or why her mother stayed with her father she thought maybe it was fear, but as she grew up, she realized why. 

her mother stayed for her

so as she listened to the screaming, guilt began to sink in. 

the flash of green snapped her out of her head. 

now staring into the green eyes of Harry Potter as he shook her sitting body

"Athena!"

he yelled, earning a glare from Snape but ignoring it.