14

It had been a while since Xena had gotten dressed up to go out. But then again, she really wasn't 'going out', she was working. But then again, she was technically 'going out', even though it was for work.

Xena now had on her outfit for the night: leather pants, a sleeveless top, and finally, a navy blue velvet blazer. Xena had topped the outfit off with wet-look dance shoes and some jewelry around her neck and on her fingers. Her hair was gelled back from her face and Xena now stepped back from her full-length mirror, admiring her handiwork.

She looked good.

A brief nervousness passed over Xena. She knew what she was about to do was wrong, she could get her license as an Agent suspended. It was risky business, but Xena considered it to be a risk worth taking. Besides, they did not plan to have any close contact with Richard Mascetti; they were basically just making observations.

Xena glanced down, checking the time on her phone. It was time to go.

The drive to La belle nuit was a rather slow one. Xena couldn't tell if it felt slow because of the anticipation she was feeling or if it was the typical New York City traffic. Her mind wandered as she drove. Once again, she found herself thinking of Venus. Immediately, a small smile made its way onto her face. It seemed almost impossible for Xena not to think about the woman. It seemed to be all she knew how to do ever since she met her.

There was still so much that Xena wanted to know. But from how closed off and reserved the smaller woman was, there was a good chance that she might never get to know those things. Her curiosity about Venus might never be quenched.

Xena sighed as she drove into the car park of La belle nuit. Already, she could hear the music that was playing from inside and the numerous people scattered around. This particular club was one of the most popular ones in the whole city. It was constantly packed with people, regardless of the day.

Xena now stepped out of the car, into the night air as a small smile spread across her face. No doubt, it was just like New Yorkers to party on a week-night. It is the city that never sleeps after all.

At that moment Xena's cell phone rang. It was Agent Daniels, perfect timing.

"I'm here." Xena announced the moment the line connected.

"Good. Meet me at the entrance."

The line went dead.

Xena instantly began walking straight for the entrance. There was a long line outside and the music became significantly louder.

"Vale!"

Xena squinted, noticing Agent Daniels standing close to the front, waving his hands frantically at her. Both of them had decided beforehand to not refer to each other as 'Agent' whilst at the club. It wasn't a good move, not in a club that was bound to have drug-dealers littered around. No doubt, after all, the owner of the club himself was rumored to be a notorious drug cartel.

Xena didn't care at that moment, she had more pressing issues at hand.

"Daniels." She stated once she arrived next to him.

She had to admit, Agent Daniels had done a good job of pulling off the 'clubber' look. Likewise her, his hair was slicked back from his face. He was wearing a bright button-up shirt, with the buttons undone all the way to his chest. Along with tight-fitting pants and dress shoes, she had to give it to him- he pulled it off seamlessly.

Xena watched as Agent Daniels turned to the bouncer, saying something to him. The bouncer nodded and ushered them both inside.

Stepping into the club was a sudden change of scenery. If she had thought the music was loud outside, it was ear-piercing inside the club. Lights were flashing periodically, blinding in the darkness. Xena pushed her way through the mass of bodies, struggling to keep up with Agent Daniels.