01

The sound of gunshots rang loudly. They came in succession and seemed to get closer each time.

Venus immediately knew what that meant. It was time to move.

She was concealed behind a wall in an office complex. This was where The Target worked, she had been ordered to take him down.

Venus knew that the cameras at the complex had all been taken care of by the hackers that worked for The Boss. All she had to do was take down The Target, preferably without getting caught.

Without a second to spare, Venus leaped out from behind the wall she was hiding, extending her left arm and firing gunshots in the direction she had heard the previous gunshots, she now climbed the spiral staircase, taking them two at a time.

Venus was used to doing this. She had been an Assassin for a good proportion of her life. She knew nothing else as well as she knew how to use a gun, aiming straight for the space between their eyes, or how to throw a knife at just the right angle to hit the internal jugular vein in a person's throat, resulting in their instant death.

Venus now stood in front of the large brown door, she knew that The Target was behind it. Taking a deep breath, she kicked the door open, her gun aimed in front of her as she entered the room.

Venus automatically scanned her eyes through the room, taking into account the scenery before her. It was a large, plain white office. Filled with bookshelves and expensive-looking furniture.

"I beat you to it."

Venus' head flipped to the side as she laid eyes on none other than Bruce. Bruce was another assassin that worked for The Boss, he was a muscular man with tattoos running all over him. He had a scar that ran directly through his eyes, Venus had often wondered if he had done that to himself. After all, he was such a cliché.

Venus hated joint missions, she was more of a lone wolf. But most of all, Venus hated Bruce. If she could, she'd kill him, but she knew that would put her into a lot of trouble with The Boss.

Bruce now stood, holding The Target in a chokehold grasp. Around him lay dead bodies which Venus assumed were the men supposed to be guarding The Target.

Venus found herself growing irritated at the fact that they had done such a shitty job. She liked a bit of a challenge in her missions, something to put her on edge, to fill her with excitement.

The Target struggled to break free of Bruce's grip, but it was no use. Bruce's muscular arms would not give any leeway. He smirked at Venus with a look of great satisfaction spread across his face.

"Bruce." Venus sighed, rolling her eyes. "Why do you always insist on playing with The Targets? You shouldn't play with your food like that, it's very unsanitary."

"I thought I'd keep him alive till you arrived, just so you could watch me kill him. I want you to know that I've bested you in this as well."

Venus rolled her eyes once again. She could hear the commotion from a little distance away slowly getting louder. There were the sounds of gunshots and shouts which seemed to increase by the second. But here Bruce was, being petty.

Another reason Venus hated him. He was a sore-loser; he was blinded by his masculine ego and couldn't just accept the fact that Venus was a better Assassin than he was.

"Bruce," Venus now said, casually walking across the room and taking a seat in a black leather chair, it was covered with blood but Venus ignored it. "The only reason you got here before me is because you caused such a commotion and I had to clean up after your mess. What happened to the original plan of a silent and quick entry and exit?"