10

Xena was certain she had lost her mind. That was it, she had completely lost her mind. There was no other explanation for it.

Venus had all but kicked her out from her apartment the night before. But yet, here she was, early the following morning, buying the woman groceries.

Xena had so many questions, there was so much she wanted to know about the smaller woman. She worried about her. She was unable to get any sleep at night, instead; she was up thinking of her.

Seeing Venus the day before, Xena noticed that she wasn't the rude confident woman that she had appeared to be on the night they had first met. However, she was cold and extremely closed off. Maybe even a little shy.

It was clear that Venus had her walls up, and she had them up pretty high. Xena wanted to know why, she wanted Venus to let her in; she wanted to hear her speak to her, to tell her everything about herself.

Then Xena found herself worrying about the numerous bottles of alcohol and lack of food Venus had at her house. It was no surprise the woman was so small.

As hard as Xena had tried to stop meddling, to just stay away, give the woman her space, she couldn't help it. Yes, she worried about her, but knowing herself, Xena knew she'd just keep on fretting till she actually got up and did something about it.

Xena moved down the aisle, placing different food stuffs in her grocery bag. She already had two whole baskets overflowing with groceries, yet she continued to add to the bag.

When Xena was finally satisfied, she paid for the groceries at the checkout and now walked out of the store in the direction of Venus' apartment.

Xena was overjoyed to know that the woman did not live too far from her, it was within walking distance. Xena usually drove past her apartment building on her way to work without even realizing it.

Her arms ached from the load of the groceries in her bag, but Xena didn't mind. There was a slight smile that was growing on her face. Excitement was bubbling within her. This wasn't a feeling she experienced often. Yet, it wasn't one that she hated.

It was still rather early in the morning, so not a lot of people were out and about. Xena walked, admiring the pale blue sky. Her mind was clear. She felt assured of herself at that moment.

Xena arrived at the apartment building and wondered how she would get in. Luckily for her, at that moment someone came out of the building. Catching the door before it shut closed, she helped herself inside.

She took the elevator up to Venus' floor just like she had done the previous day. It wasn't long before she stood outside the woman's apartment.

Xena rang the doorbell. It was at that moment that her senses seemed to come back to her. What was she doing? Here she was with bags of groceries for a woman that had explicitly made it clear to her that she couldn't stand her guts. Yet, here she was, going grocery shopping for said woman.

How was she even sure Venus was home? What if she was busy? It was pretty early; she was probably still asleep.

A slight shyness snuck up on Xena, and she made up her mind to just leave. She'd turn around and walk out, she'd take the groceries home, it'd be like she was never even there in the first place. That was what she would do.

Xena turned on her heel and was about to leave when the door opened before her.

The previous thoughts that had gone through Xena's mind instantly disappeared the second she stared at the small woman blinking at her in confusion. Venus looked like she had just woken up, dressed in oversized pajamas with her locs hidden beneath a bonnet.