Blue Cookies Should Be Famous

“Mom, I’m home! And I have a friend over!” Percy yelled as we walked in. He closed the door and a woman walked out of what I assumed was the kitchen. She was wearing an apron filled with blue stains and some flour, a white shirt, and black jeans. She has long hair with blue eyes, which made her look beautiful. 

          ‘Ok this is his mom, make a good impression Annabeth’ i thought. “Hi I’m Annabeth! I'm one of Percy’s friends from school! I hope you don’t mind him having me over, I don't want to be an inconvenience to you.” I said with a shy smile. 

          “Hi Annabeth! I’m Sally, Percy’s mom. Don’t worry about anything, I love it when his friends come over!” she said. I smiled and put my hand out for a handshake but instead she hugged me. “It was nice meeting you Annabeth, but if you don't mind i need to finish the cookies” and with that she left. 

          “Percy your mom is so sweet!” I said. “I know right. She’s the best. Just wait till you taste her cookies” he said with a wide smile on his face. We went over to the kitchen and saw the cookies piled on a tray. Just as Percy said they were blue and smelled heavenly. Percy saw them and practically jumped over everything to get one. He took a bite and sat down while basically inhaling the rest of the cookie. I sat down next to him and laughed. 

          “Can i try one?” I asked. “Of course Annabeth!” Sally said. I got one and tried it. My Gods the cookie tasted good. I was surprised by how good a cookie could taste. How these cookies weren’t famous and wanted by everyone? I will never know. Soon enough the cookies were gone and I was talking with Percy.

          "So what exactly are you planning?" I asked. "Oh well I'm not sure. How about we make something?" he said. "Explain". He started thinking and after about 5 minutes he finally said something.

          "How about we make cupcakes? Blue cupcakes!" he said happily. He had this look on his face that showed his inner child and I thought it was adorable. 'Shut up Annabeth. You don't know what you're thinking' I thought. 

          "You know what? Let's do this. Anything to forget what happened" I said. He smiled and stood up. "Well come on then let's get started" he said offering me his hand. I gladly took it and we started looking for the supplies. Once we got everything we began.

          "So what now?" I asked. "You'll pour the ingredients and I'll mix" he said "then we'll split up the batter into the trays". "Ok then let's start" I said. 

          Once we finished the batter I was about to start pouring the batter in the trays but Percy stopped me. 

          "What do you think you're doing?" he said. "Uh putting the batter in the trays. So they can bake" I explained. "No! My gods Annabeth we have to put the blue food coloring in first. Duh" he said. "Ohh yeah, blue cupcakes. Well out the dye in then" i said. Percy put 5 drops of food coloring in and the batter was soon bright blue. "Perfect!" he said with a wide grin. 

          We started pouring the batter into the trays and it was messy. Batter was on our shirts and arms. The only places that were free of blue cupcake batter were our faces and hair. And well, that didn't exactly last a long time. Percy started it.

          "Hey Annabeth look!" Percy said. As soon as I turned around my cheek was greeted with fingers full of cupcake batter. "Percy!! What on Earth?!" i said loudly. He was trying to contain his laughter and almost succeeded. Until I tried cleaning my face with a paper towel that had more batter. How did I not notice that?! My cheek had more cupcake batter than before. That's when Percy basically started dying of laughter. He was laughing and clutching his stomach. I tried not to laugh, but i couldn’t help it. While we laughed our heads off, we also kept smearing batter on each other. Soon enough we were both leaning on each other for support and had tears in our eyes from laughing. 

          We got all of the trays in the oven and noticed how much batter we had. Sally suggested I shower in their house and because I didn’t have any clothes she offered me a shirt and told Percy to lend me sweats. So I showered quickly and said my thanks and when I came out the cupcakes were ready. The shirt was a black t-shirt and it fit me perfectly, the sweats were grey and a bit big but comfortable so I didn't mind.  Percy told me not to eat any cupcakes until he came out. While he showered I pulled out one of my books and started reading. I stood in front of the cupcakes while I read because they smelled delicious. I was so caught up in my book I didn't realize Percy got out until he picked me up. 

          “Surprise!!” Percy said loudly. He carried me on his back and started walking around the kitchen to the living room. I started hitting his back trying to get him to put me down but he just laughed. So when that didn't work I tickled his rib cage and accidentally kicked his no no place. He fell to the floor and landed on top of me. I groaned in pain and lifted myself with my elbows. He lifted his face and we were centimeters apart. I could feel his breathing. I looked at his eyes and they were gorgeous. I could feel my face getting hotter and I could see his face turning red. Without realizing we both leaned in a bit until our faces were barely apart. 

          I stared at his lips and he did the same to mine. I put my hand on his cheek and whispered “Percy…”.