"Agreed." Alex sighed. "Sherlock, I'm scared."

"Why?" Sherlock asked. 

"What if something bad happens to you or Vanessa because of what I've done?" Alex said.

"I doubt it." Sherlock said. "Go to sleep. Everything will be all right."

"Sherlock-" Alex started.

"Go to sleep." Sherlock said.

"But-" 

"Shush." Sherlock pressed a finger to his wife's lips. "You need to sleep."

"What about Vanessa?" Alex asked as she began to drift off.

"I will pick her up later, but you're my main concern right now." Sherlock said. "I'm right here. No one will dare mess with you while I'm around." 

"I'm pretty sure you're right." Alex smiled. 

"I don't want you going anywhere without me or staying home alone. You understand?" Sherlock said.

"I know, I know." Alex said. 

She fell asleep for several hours. Sherlock stayed with her until she woke up. When she did wake up, they went to pick up Vanessa together. They saw that she was asleep on Mycroft's lap. Sherlock started laughing and Alex carefully picked her daughter up and carried her to the cab. Sherlock and Alex went back to the cab and took Vanessa home. They put her in her bed and then went back to the couch. Alex rested her head on Sherlock's shoulder. Sherlock kissed her forehead.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." Alex said. "How much you want to bet Lestrade offers this to you as a case?"

"I will decline." Sherlock said. "Remember, this is our little secret." (His Scar is showing.)

"I know." Alex said. "Do you think I could tell John?"

"I'd rather you not." Sherlock said. "He might flip out." 

"Yeah, that's John." Alex sighed. "I'm going to sleep."

"It's only eight." Sherlock said.

"I've had a very long, trying day." Alex said. "You're the only thing that has kept me sane."

"Well, I'm glad to hear it." Sherlock said. He picked her up and carried her to their room. He laid down and tucked her in. "Goodnight, dear."

"Goodnight, Sher." Alex said. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too." Sherlock said.

They both slept soundly through the whole night. When Sherlock woke up the next moment, it was because Rusty was licking him, begging to go on his morning walk. Sherlock sighed. He didn't want to leave Alex all alone and he knew she wouldn't want to get up this early in the morning. He pet the dog's head.

"Sorry, boy. Not today." He said. He curled up next to Alex and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled in her sleep and curled closer to him.

It was late in the day when Alex woke up. Vanessa was up and Sherlock had gotten up to take care of her. Alex's head was pounding. She stumbled into the kitchen. Sherlock deduced right away that she was sick.

"Nope, nope, back to bed." He said. "You, dear, are sick."

"Dangit." Alex groaned.

"Go lay down. I'll be back with something to soothe your throat." Sherlock said. 

Alex obeyed and went back to their room. Sherlock came back in with two pills and a glass of water. He handed her the pills and she took them and gulped down the water. Her throat was burning. Sherlock held her tightly and wrapped a blanket around them both. Alex had a coughing fit and her body shook. Sherlock held her against him. He looked down at her. Her body looked so small and helpless in his arms. It was hard to believe she had just killed five people yesterday.