The Mayfly Man

Sherlock walked into the flat, his head pounding. It hurt so much. John was staying downstairs to talk to Mrs. Hudson. Alex followed Sherlock upstairs and got him some water.

"You okay?" She asked.

"A little hungry and my head hurts." Sherlock said. "But fine otherwise."

"I'll get you something to eat in a minute." Alex said.

"Thank you." Sherlock smiled gratefully. 

While Alex was making him breakfast, Sherlock got out all the laptops he owned. He turned them all on and went to the chatroom that Tessa had been talking about. He also went on a website about Sholto, John's old commander. As Alex brought over his breakfast, he switched it to the chatroom. Alex tilted her head when she saw how many laptops there were.

"Can't you just open a new tab?" She asked.

"This is much easier for me." Sherlock said, taking a bite of the toast Alex had made him. "Did you ever think you dated a ghost?"

"Yeah." Alex said, stealing a piece of Sherlock's bacon.

"Really?" Sherlock asked. "When?"

"When I thought you were dead." Alex said. "It's still hard to grasp the fact that your back."

"Alex, come here." Sherlock said. He turned around in his chair to face her and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm all right. See? You're holding me right now." 

"I know." Alex nodded. 

Sherlock pressed his lips to hers. They could both hear footsteps coming up the stairs, but they ignored it. John walked into the flat and smirked. He decided to embaress his sister.

"Sherlock and Alex, sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He said. Sherlock and Alex broke apart and glared at John. 

"Why is it whenever we have a moment, you pop up?" Alex asked.

"Because I'm your brother and it's my job to protect you." John said. 

"I don't think I need protection from him." Alex nodded to Sherlock. "He wouldn't hurt me. Right?"

"Of course I wouldn't." Sherlock said. He turned to John. "There are going to be others."

"Others?" John said, walking over to Sherlock.

"Victims, women." Sherlock said. "Most ghosts tend to haunt a single house. This ghost, however, is willing to commute. Look."

Sherlock had found a map and put pins in all the places where the ghost had dated women. Sherlock stood up and closed his eyes. He went to his mind palace. The room he was in this time was a giant court room. All the woman he was talking to on the website were there. Sherlock stood in the middle of the room, observing them. He started eliminating some of them.

"Mm, not you. Not you. Not you, not you, not you, not you. Not you, not you." Sherlock said, pointing at women. "Not you, not you, not you. Not you, not you, not you, not you. Not you. Not you. Not you. Not you, not you, not you, not you. Not you, you, you, you, or you. Mm, not you either. Or you. Not you, not you, not you, not you. Not you. Not you." (There should be a Spongebob timecard for this) At this point, there were only several women left Sherlock walked up to one. He was still in his mind palace. "Hi."

"Gail." She said, telling her name. Sherlock walked up to another woman.

"Carolette." She said. Sherlock looked to another.

"Robyn." She said. Sherlock tilted his head at another woman.

"Vicky." She said.

Sherlock blinked. All the other people were gone and the other women were standing in the middle of the room around him. He looked around at them.