Dawn

When they got to the mansion, Sherlock stopped everyone before they went in. He took a deep breath. He knew this could be the last chance he ever got to speak to them.

"You all know the danger we're about to face. I just want to say one thing: no one has ever had friends like you. I want to thank you for putting up with me." He said.

"Yeah, it isn't easy." Lestrade said. 

As they were going into the mansion, Sherlock stood with Alex at his side. She looked ready. He was wishing everyone good luck. He stopped Lestrade.

"Good luck...Greg." He said, remembering his friend's first name finally.

"Of all the times you could have remembered, did it have to be when we were walking towards possible death?" Lestrade asked.

"I'm afraid so." Sherlock chuckled.

He and Alex were last to enter the building. The lights were dim. It looked kind of like the first room in the Haunted Mansion at Disney World. The butler stepped out from the gloom. He told the group to follow him. They did, since they really had not choice. The butler showed them to the ballroom and locked the door. Sherrinford stepped out from the gloom. He had a suit on and his hair was neatly combed and was going to one side. 

"Greetings." He said. 

"Greetings." Sherlock said.

"Have you come in belief that you can fight me?" Sherrinford asked.

"We don't have to fight." Sherlock said. To his surprise, he felt calm. "I came prepared to talk."

"Talk? Talk? I do not talk unless it with people who I feel are worthy enough to talk to." Sherrinford said.

"Well, you're talking to me." Sherlock said.

"Oh, snap." Alex said. 

"He went there." Molly muttered quietly.

"Shots fired." Mary said.

"You know what I mean." Sherrinford said. He snapped his fingers. Sherlock watched, his eyes wide as several more men stepped out from the gloom. Sherlock swallowed. "Would you like to tell me who your new friends are, brother?"

"These are some of my friends from the terrorist group. I had them come to persuade you to join me." Sherrinford said.

"Join you?" Sherlock said.

"Yes. We could be great together. We could rule England. Hell, we could rule the world with our intellect." Sherrinford said. "What do you say?"

"Join you? I think I've made myself clear on that matter." Sherlock said.

"Hm. What about you, deary? I know you don't approve of the way England is run. That's why you joined Moriarty." Sherrinford said, turning to Alex. John looked to his sister, worried. He knew that she could say yes. She sometimes didn't think things through.

"I'd rather die." Alex said.

"Are you sure?" Sherrinford asked. "I won't make this offer twice." 

"I would rather die knowing I've fixed the things I've done in the past than live knowing I've made a horrible mistake." Alex said.

"Than your courage is matched by your stupidity." Sherrinford said. He turned to his men. "Attack."

They flew at Sherlock's friends quickly. Alex was quicker. She managed to beat one of them within a minute or two. Another terrorist ran at her. Alex held her ground until the last second and then dodged so that the man crashed into the wall and fell unconcious. She ran to assist John.